Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

incorrect information

Correct information

See, I can do that, too.

(But seriously, my first paragraph was direct from a YEA! staffer I personally know, and my second paragraph was confirmed in this very thread. My ending supposition may be wrong, but I based it on very correct information.)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I know people have opinions so thanks for the snarkiness.  However, people generally support their opinions.  So how are they struggling with 18 championships?  

I feel BD's creative staffs approach/formula to designing their shows has not changed since 2008. Result? Shows that feel, sound and look a lot a like. Sure during those 10 years (2008  2017) there have been a few shifts but by and large their has been a lot of sameness.  With their success, they should be taking mad chances on things. Bluecoats never won a title before and look at the mad chance they took in 2016.  So, again my hope is that the current creative BD staff steps down after their long run of success which will allow for some fresh people to replace the current to see if that might cause more of a change in course to show design.

BTW not to get in to playground games....you responded to my original message in a snarky fashion...so I just returned the favor....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Usually Mistified said:

Just a thought, as a whole crop of judges have become eligible to consult again, what would the IRS find if there was an audit or someone reported a judge for suspicion of unreported income?

Boosters have done it/still do it in college football, have booster's in DCI done the same?

DCI and the corps all provide 1099's.

2 hours ago, afd said:

You mean giving hope to the bottom half to have a chance at ever beating them.

Not at all.  I just think BD should be taking a lot more chances with their show choices because of their success.

Also, careful how you treat success.  Who predicted that within a couple of seasons The Cadets would drop from 3rd to 7th?

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

its been a rumor since....uh....September 2012 LOL

Could be their lowest placement since then too

15 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Could be their lowest placement since then too

last week of July 2016 5 points behind Bucs, this year 6. I've learned to never count out Rich

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

last week of July 2016 5 points behind Bucs, this year 6. I've learned to never count out Rich

It's definitely not a show you can seat dance to, unless you include the Cracker Barrel rocking chairs. 

Edited by Jim Schehr

36 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

I feel BD's creative staffs approach/formula to designing their shows has not changed since 2008. Result? Shows that feel, sound and look a lot a like. Sure during those 10 years (2008  2017) there have been a few shifts but by and large their has been a lot of sameness.  With their success, they should be taking mad chances on things. Bluecoats never won a title before and look at the mad chance they took in 2016.  So, again my hope is that the current creative BD staff steps down after their long run of success which will allow for some fresh people to replace the current to see if that might cause more of a change in course to show design.

BTW not to get in to playground games....you responded to my original message in a snarky fashion...so I just returned the favor....

I'm not sure im seeing what you're seeing. There is pretty much no sameness between Re:Rite of Spring and Metamorph and Constantly Risking Absurdity. 

The big common thread through BD's shows in the past decade has been white props (which pop way better than any other colored prop), a jazz sound, and consistent excellence.

in the past 3 years, they've incorporated a pop song into a drum break. What other common elements are you finding? 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

It's definitely not a show you can seat dance to, unless you include the Cracker Barrel rocking chairs. 

it has potential. Bucs isn't exactly one you whistle on your way out the door either.

• Like 1