Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

Where did the silly rumor about Klesch leaving Crown come from?  I seriously want to know.  It makes zero sense at this point in history.

• Like 4

I don't expect too many major staff changes. 

• Like 2

All I heard from Crown folks this year was that they were all pretty angry about last year's staff departures, and as Indy grew closer, blamed the departures on not being a serious threat to BD and SCV. For this reason many refused to watch Boston Crusaders perform. They were also pretty happy about an Ott award and have high hopes for next year. If their brass staff is leaving, which pretty reliable sources are claiming is not true, I would doubt they are heading to Cadets. There's too much turmoil, and not enough creative freedom right now. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

No, JA. 

Did he march Cadets ?

2 minutes ago, Kamarag said:

Cab's show is!

I hear that, John.

A classic DCA show with the necessary modern upgrades.  DCA needs more of that. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tim K said:

...as Indy grew closer, blamed the departures on not being a serious threat to BD and SCV. For this reason many refused to watch Boston Crusaders perform. 

DCI Eastern Classic
1 Santa Clara Vanguard 95.000
2 Carolina Crown 94.463
3 The Cavaliers 92.450
4 Boston Crusaders 91.188

:blink:

Edited by MotoSurfBass

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

I mean, probably not. But if I squinted at it really really hard and maybe tilted my head a little and held my thumb just right, I could see a Klesch to Boston move. Not that I'd agree with it, I could just conceive of it.

(Note: this is not *just* wishful thinking to see what it would be like if Harloff and Prime teamed up. But it's mostly wishful thinking to see what would happen if Harloff and Prime teamed up.)

Ryan George isn't going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, onionhead said:

What if DCI were to put more reward on marching/playing. This isn't concert band, it's still marching band ?

They would adjust and keep winning. It's all about depth of talent and experienced creative processes.

• Like 2