Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

4 hours ago, 20XXMM said:

There aren't any holes. :dozingoff:

there was at peckville.

3 hours ago, onionhead said:

What if DCI were to put more reward on marching/playing. This isn't concert band, it's still marching band ?

I would love that.  IMO, that's what it's all about.  Marching AND playing and if you are good, playing the hard stuff WHILE playing.  Maybe a minimal amount of time for ensemble playing and movement with a difficulty reward .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

All I heard from Crown folks this year was that they were all pretty angry about last year's staff departures, and as Indy grew closer, blamed the departures on not being a serious threat to BD and SCV. For this reason many refused to watch Boston Crusaders perform. They were also pretty happy about an Ott award and have high hopes for next year. If their brass staff is leaving, which pretty reliable sources are claiming is not true, I would doubt they are heading to Cadets. There's too much turmoil, and not enough creative freedom right now. 

Wow. Crown diehards are as petty as ever.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

All I heard from Crown folks this year was that they were all pretty angry about last year's staff departures, and as Indy grew closer, blamed the departures on not being a serious threat to BD and SCV. For this reason many refused to watch Boston Crusaders perform. They were also pretty happy about an Ott award and have high hopes for next year. If their brass staff is leaving, which pretty reliable sources are claiming is not true, I would doubt they are heading to Cadets. There's too much turmoil, and not enough creative freedom right now. 

If it is true, then it would seem to confirm the boycott of Bostons show (denied) and certainly expose a degree of pettiness as well.  These are adults we are talking about, right?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

All I heard from Crown folks this year was that they were all pretty angry about last year's staff departures, and as Indy grew closer, blamed the departures on not being a serious threat to BD and SCV.  

No doubt the departed staff would have checked the microphone 400 times before stepping off for the last two shows.  The decision makers at Crown created enough of their own shortcomings by banking 70% of their show on a lone vocalist using unreliable equipment.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I would love that.  IMO, that's what it's all about.  Marching AND playing and if you are good, playing the hard stuff WHILE playing.  Maybe a minimal amount of time for ensemble playing and movement with a difficulty reward .

Sort of like a "Compulsory" or required Element?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

If it is true, then it would seem to confirm the boycott of Bostons show (denied) and certainly expose a degree of pettiness as well.  These are adults we are talking about, right?

There was no seem about it..it was FACT.

• Like 5