Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

7 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

BD could play chopsticks for 11 minutes and still win Bc they're just that ###### good. 

Are they ?.... there are thousands of great performers on that field of dreams that just might.......

9 hours ago, Tim K said:

All I heard from Crown folks this year was that they were all pretty angry about last year's staff departures, and as Indy grew closer, blamed the departures on not being a serious threat to BD and SCV. For this reason many refused to watch Boston Crusaders perform. They were also pretty happy about an Ott award and have high hopes for next year. If their brass staff is leaving, which pretty reliable sources are claiming is not true, I would doubt they are heading to Cadets. There's too much turmoil, and not enough creative freedom right now. 

OK, this makes no sense to me.  Why would Crown care about the mass exodus from Cadets to Boston.  Maybe I'm forgetting if a few Crown people also left in the transition, but in the fair market, people are allowed to come and go as they please.

15 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

OK, this makes no sense to me.  Why would Crown care about the mass exodus from Cadets to Boston.  Maybe I'm forgetting if a few Crown people also left in the transition, but in the fair market, people are allowed to come and go as they please.

What seemed like nearly the whole visual staff left Crown for Boston (Keith Potter, Michael Townsend and his crew, Leon May).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

You are forgetting that Crown lost key color guard instructors to Boston Crusaders and quite a few members of Crown's guard followed. I don't think the departure of folks from Cadets surprised too many, it has been happening for years though the staff going to BAC seemed to surprise some. The Crown departure was more surprising, as a review of posts last fall will show. 

I agree that in the fair market, people are free to come and go, that's business, but that does not mean people can not be angry or hurt over a departure, that's human. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LabMaster said:

If it is true, then it would seem to confirm the boycott of Bostons show (denied) and certainly expose a degree of pettiness as well.  These are adults we are talking about, right?

By folks, I mean fans, not staff or people who make decisions about the tour, so their displeasure does not lend credibility to a story that from what I heard has a DCI version, a BAC version, a Crown version, and a Cadets version and at this point really needs to be water under the bridge.

The boycott of what would have been BAC's early season 2017 show by Cadets and Crown was real, and in fact discussed openly at a winter Director's meeting.  Be that as it may, if I was in charge (which I'm not) I would have Boston host the Gillette stadium show again in early July, and if necessary, fly in BD, SCV, BLOO, and Cavies.  Let Cadets and Crown do their own thing that night.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, craiga said:

Be that as it may, if I was in charge (which I'm not) I would have Boston host the Gillette stadium show again in early July, and if necessary, fly in BD, SCV, BLOO, and Cavies.  Let Cadets and Crown do their own thing that night.  

Which would be twice as petty but probably not at all out of character for a city that has a reputation for pi**ing everyone else off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Which would be twice as petty but probably not at all out of character for a city that has a reputation for pi**ing everyone else off.

I found Boston to be an extremely friendly city when I was there in June. The same goes for the BAC ppl. Can't say the same for those other corps. 

2 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I found Boston to be an extremely friendly city when I was there in June. The same goes for the BAC ppl. Can't say the same for those other corps. 

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Boston but I'm hardly breaking news when I saw that Boston is home to the most hated teams in sports. There's a reason for that and it's not just because they've been successful. I'll leave it at that.