Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

exactly. Fans (and sometimes "band moms") can be very petty in this activity - it's time to move on and all 3 organizations just work to have an even better 2018

my long-view on this is IT IS GOOD FOR THE ACTIVITY 

I watched everyone I could over the three days and some all three times.  I did have to miss Cavies on Saturday but the only reason was that I had to pee like a racehorse.  My back teeth were singing Anchors Aweigh.  

All this animosity will fade.  We're bigger than that as an activity. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I watched everyone I could over the three days and some all three times.  I did have to miss Cavies on Saturday but the only reason was that I had to pee like a racehorse.  My back teeth were singing Anchors Aweigh.  

All this animosity will fade.  We're bigger than that as an activity. 

HAHAHA...back teeth were floating, eh ;P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I don't think you've been to Boston lately. I am a life long Massachusetts resident who has always lived in the Boston area, so I may be biased regarding the sports teams who were loved until they became successful, and yes fans can get rowdy, but that doesn't happen in LA, Chicago, or New York where one of their teams is referred to as "the Evil Empire"? But what angers people about Boston? Having some of the world's best colleges and finest medical facilities? The rich colonial history that attracts tourists from all over the world? Having a great symphony orchestra and one of the finest art museums in the country? Is addressing the problems of racism that divided the city in the past and having a city that is now majority minority with urban neighborhoods that are thriving a problem? This is the Boston of today, and if that angers people, let them stew.

Boston sports fans are generally obnoxious and love playing the victim. That's why the Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics are three of the most hated teams in all of sports. You did say yourself that you perhaps may be a little biased. 

I was there all 3 nights and didn't miss any of the corps once I was there. Our flight was delayed by about 2 hours and we didn't get to Prelims until around 4:20 PM, but I saw all the rest of the corps that night and Friday and Saturday!  I don't like missing anything!  LOL

• Like 1

So.  The 2018 merry go round thread so far is basically more hashing about the 2017 changes.

I'll check in again after Labor Day.  ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

Boston sports fans are generally obnoxious and love playing the victim. That's why the Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics are three of the most hated teams in all of sports.  

Fans from losing teams always " hate " teams and their fans that are currently successful. No surprise there. Its mostly jealousy at work. Nobody " hates " the Kansas City Royals or the Minnesota Timberwolves or the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Diego Padres and similar and their fans. First of all, forget that these Pro sports franchises are perennial losers most years, there arn't enough of their fans to find anywhere in our travels to even begin to " hate " them.. haha!

Edited by BRASSO

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We all do it! 

Hate Boston sports teams?

• Like 1