Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

11 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Matt and Michael aren't going anywhere. Let's just leave it at that. Believe me when I tell you the Crown design team really enjoyed working with each other this past season and is excited about moving forward. 

It is hilarious...Crown medaled for crying out loud and people are predicting doom and gloom...wake up folks...Crown staff is not going anywhere else anytime soon...like it or not...and the corps is not going anywhere but up either...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

lol that's because Philly has a disproportionate/unusually high number of obnoxious/trashy fans. 

Boston and Dallas fans can be annoying, but I think Philly is the cream of the crop in that respect 

European Pro Soccer team fans make Philly Sports fans seem like an Amish Dinner Gathering.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

I don't know about that.  As a Philadelphia sports fan, I hear a lot of disdain for us and we rarely win anything.  

yeah but 3/4 of that disdain is from your own fans on WIP lol

11 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

Matt and Michael aren't going anywhere. Let's just leave it at that. Believe me when I tell you the Crown design team really enjoyed working with each other this past season and is excited about moving forward. 

exactly. Why the hell would they want to leave a program they run?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

lol that's because Philly has a disproportionate/unusually high number of obnoxious/trashy fans. 

Boston and Dallas fans can be annoying, but I think Philly is the cream of the crop in that respect 

18 hours ago, FTNK said:

Wow. Crown diehards are as petty as ever.

Man, I am getting killed in this thread.  I grew up in Bucks County, PA, and I am Crown fan. 

Just taking a minute to lick my wounds over here.  carry on

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I watched everyone I could over the three days and some all three times.  I did have to miss Cavies on Saturday but the only reason was that I had to pee like a racehorse.  My back teeth were singing Anchors Aweigh.  

All this animosity will fade.  We're bigger than that as an activity. 

in what key?

:spitting:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barigirl78 said:

LOL.

I may be a Philadelphia sports fan, but I've lived in New York my post-drum corps life.  I get a lot of flack, but one thing Philadelphia fans and NY fans can agree on is that we both hate the Patriots...and the Dallas Cowboys.

blasphemers for the Dallas hatred. shame on you all

:bluedevil:

25 minutes ago, Liahona said:

It is hilarious...Crown medaled for crying out loud and people are predicting doom and gloom...wake up folks...Crown staff is not going anywhere else anytime soon...like it or not...and the corps is not going anywhere but up either...

It's kind of a crappy reality in an activity this narrow, but there really aren't very many large, stable, successful organizations in dci. Even some that look successful are one bad season from being in deep financial trouble. Then, you have organizations that already have leadership with strong opinions, who won't welcome a new voice. 

Personalities always weigh heavier in job satisfaction than most think. Especially in creatively driven activities. It's very similar in the music and film business. Personalities cast a long shadow. If you like your job and get along with those you work for, you stay put.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I did have to miss Cavies on Saturday but the only reason was that I had to pee like a racehorse.

Then their Saturday evening joke would not have been good for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Fans from losing teams always " hate " teams and their fans that are currently successful. No surprise there. Its mostly jealousy at work. Nobody " hates " the Kansas City Royals or the Minnesota Timberwolves or the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Diego Padres and similar and their fans. First of all, forget that these Pro sports franchises are perennial losers most years, there arn't enough of their fans to find anywhere in our travels to even begin to " hate " them.. haha!

Thanks for not listing the Colts.