Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

So...after wading through the 23 pages, it appears nobody really knows anything yet and there's space-filling until someone does. Except maybe one or two people are adamant about something that one or two others are just as anti-adamant about.

Did anyone else hear from a strong link to a weak friend with a medium link to an age out with a cousin who is a neighbor of GH that The Cadets are doing music representing the Bhagavad-Gita next year? Lots of Bollywood style. Krishna is a featured singer.

• Like 6

Just now, mjoakes said:

So...after wading through the 23 pages, it appears nobody really knows anything yet and there's space-filling until someone does. Except maybe one or two people are adamant about something that one or two others are just as anti-adamant about.

Did anyone else hear from a strong link to a weak friend with a medium link to an age out with a cousin who is a neighbor of GH that The Cadets are doing music representing the Bhagavad-Gita next year? Lots of Bollywood style. Krishna is a featured singer.

We already know that Cadets are doing Bernstein again though

3 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Can confirm.

• Like 1

I might suggest that before people start spreading rumors about people moving from one corps to another, they first find out if those staff members have already signed contracts for the next season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

blasphemers for the Dallas hatred. shame on you all

:bluedevil:

As a Washington sports fan, I have a hard time deciding whether I hate Dallas or Philly more

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I know you're joking, but I would never watch a Cadets show doing that. Knowing Hopkins, he'd butcher my culture like no other. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

I know you're joking, but I would never watch a Cadets show doing that. Knowing Hopkins, he'd butcher my culture like no other. 

Thanks for not suggesting I was offensive; certainly, didn't intend that. I just re-read the short, "Krishna's Council in Time of War" version translated by Barbara Stoler Miller. Read it maybe 15 years ago, and I like it quite a lot for how much thinking it prompts. So it was on my mind during all three nights at LOS when Cadets performed. I wouldn't want the Gita on the drum corps field.

I'm not religious, though I enjoy learning about religion. Regardless, I didn't enjoy seeing Jesus portrayed on the field this year. It made me wonder how large numbers of people might feel about seeing any other religious tradition - or some representation of it, as Mass is - translated into a drum corps show. I hope we don't have to find out.

And this is a tangent off the staff changes track. Sorry about that.

• Like 3

Just now, mjoakes said:

Thanks for not suggesting I was offensive; certainly, didn't intend that. I just re-read the short, "Krishna's Council in Time of War" version translated by Barbara Stoler Miller. Read it maybe 15 years ago, and I like it quite a lot for how much thinking it prompts. So it was on my mind during all three nights at LOS when Cadets performed. I wouldn't want the Gita on the drum corps field.

I'm not religious, though I enjoy learning about religion. Regardless, I didn't enjoy seeing Jesus portrayed on the field this year. It made me wonder how large numbers of people might feel about seeing any other religious tradition - or some representation of it, as Mass is - translated into a drum corps show. I hope we don't have to find out.

And this is a tangent off the staff changes track. Sorry about that.

You weren't offensive at all, don't worry. 

And yeah, I just feel like tasteful subtlety or nuance aren't in Cadets' design vocab, so any remotely controversial concepts should probably be avoided until their team builds a better track record lol

• Like 2