Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

From Pioneer's website:

Rumor has it that our brass caption head, Randall Bennett, might step down after 6 years. He was an awesome recruiter, a steady leader, a person who noticed everything (P.W.N.T.) and led the brass section with his whole heart and soul. He was voted twice as staff member of the year. He will be missed. He says that he needs to move on with his career now that he has graduated. We look forward to hearing what “lucky” band has the good fortune of hiring him…Randall you are among the best ever!

Source

I guess this is a way of getting around the Labor Day rule. 

Not sure how well he was known outside of Pioneer but he was very well liked there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

As a Washington sports fan, I have a hard time deciding whether I hate Dallas or Philly more

i have the same dilemma with the entire division.....until Philly fans start jawing after a win in September LOL

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have the same dilemma with the entire division.....until Philly fans start jawing after a win in September LOL

Yes, we will.

14 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I might suggest that before people start spreading rumors about people moving from one corps to another, they first find out if those staff members have already signed contracts for the next season.

Circumstances change. Things happen. Contracts can be gotten out of. People have been known to "step down" for personal reasons and then re-appear a week later taking on a role in another corps.

12 hours ago, ShamrockTuba said:

From Pioneer's website:

Source

I guess this is a way of getting around the Labor Day rule. 

Not sure how well he was known outside of Pioneer but he was very well liked there.

He announced it on his facebook as well. I don't know him personally, but from his posts he seems to be very passionate about the corps, his students there, and the activity in general.

14 hours ago, Cappybara said:

You weren't offensive at all, don't worry. 

And yeah, I just feel like tasteful subtlety or nuance aren't in Cadets' design vocab, so any remotely controversial concepts should probably be avoided until their team builds a better track record lol

ok - except that's not the case at all. There was many subtle and nuanced layers to the design - you just may have missed them due to the giant gold cross and the naked Jesus flipping across the field 

the thing about "subtle" is if you have "over the top" going on at the same time the "subtle" goes unnoticed

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

ok - except that's not the case at all. There was many subtle and nuanced layers to the design - you just may have missed them due to the giant gold cross and the naked Jesus flipping across the field 

the thing about "subtle" is if you have "over the top" going on at the same time the "subtle" goes unnoticed

Let's pretend that I buy that for a second: what's the point of the subtlety that they apparently have if it gets lost in the rest of the obtuse design?

Considering the Cadets productions in the past decade (and I did a breakdown about this about a month ago), I maintain that they simply don't have it in their design vocab; atleast relative to almost every other finalist corps 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1