Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

36 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not until after Labor Day.  

Can't someone make something up?  Not that that's ever happened on DCP.  :tongue:

What's next.... corps directors not allowed to wear white after Labor Day....LOL

• Haha 1

So back on topic, then we can go back to Sports Talk :guinesssmilie:

I guess it's safe to assume the majority of the SCV staff is returning as they have already announced their audition dates. Also noticed that one of the percussion audition sites is in Dallas which I assume means Paul Rennick not going anywhere.

https://www.scvanguard.org/vanguard-membership-overview/

11 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Can't someone make something up?  Not that that's ever happened on DCP.  :tongue:

What's next.... corps directors not allowed to wear white after Labor Day....LOL

OKAY...

Speculation or truth...

Boston was the main reason that this rule was implemented for announcements to occur AFTER labor day...

Boston was the reason corps can't rent Lucas Oil Stadium the week of finals...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

Just now, Liahona said:

OKAY...

Speculation or truth...

Boston was the main reason that this rule was implemented for announcements to occur AFTER labor day...

Boston was the reason corps can't rent Lucas Oil Stadium the week of finals...

Truth. 

• Like 1

Well I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you'd been...oh wait, sorry. That was just on the radio. Never mind. I didn't hear anything. Carry on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corpfan said:

Well I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another you'd been...oh wait, sorry. That was just on the radio. Never mind. I didn't hear anything. Carry on. 

You just dated yourself!   REO...one of MANY great Illinois classic rock bands!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

While we are off topic for a while -- probably until after labor day -- I will add to this.

I agree with what you said. When Baltimore lost their team in 1984 it did indeed sound like NFL commissioner, Paul Tagliabue, wanted to move on without Baltimore. He was positioning the NFL to be a league for upscale cities who could afford teams.  He didn't quite get his way, but the NFL continues to move in that direction. 

As a longtime Cleveland Browns fan we new things were going to be shook up in the early 90s when it was apparent that the city needed to get the Indians and Browns out of the same stadium. The old Cleveland Stadium was no place for baseball so the city moved to build the new baseball stadium. In hindsight it was a great move and Jacobs Field, now Progressive Field, is one of the better MLB parks in the country. But this move ###### off Art Model who had been begging the city to build his Browns a new stadium.  They promised they would get that done, but baseball had to come first.  The Browns could play in the old stadium for a year or two more (as bad as that stadium was), but the Indians could not.  

All of this happened at the perfect time for Baltimore who saw what was happening in Cleveland. They knew Art Model could be persuaded to move his team.  Art offered the city a last chance to make the stadium happen, but by then the city had committed to the Indians stadium first. Baltimore officials met with Model and that was about all she wrote. 

In order to smooth things over, the NFL stepped in to make sure the new Baltimore team would not be called the Baltimore Browns, but the Ravens. Cleveland was almost immediately guaranteed an expansion team by the NFL when the league was ready for the next expansion, and that team would again be called the Browns. Cleveland was also able to keep their records and history and colors. 

What I've learned is that it's very hard to root for an expansion team. It never felt the same. Of course, throw in the losing records and poor management and my interest in the NFL has waned considerable over the years. More teams continue to move and football seems to be under a lot of scrutiny.  I will always love football, and the NFL is still #1 in TV and total revenue, but I wonder how long that will last. 

The latest rumor is that the previous rumor that the Cleveland Browns are moving somewhere is untrue. Also untrue, is that a Cleveland  committee was formed to organize a parade/ fireworks display for the celebration if the previous rumor proved to be true.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Lots of YouTubes up from Indy while you're waiting for staff drama.  I just watched BAC and Bloo from finals, and SCV alumni from semis.  Get 'em while they're hot. 

The Wife is back at school teaching and she played the DCI Season retrospective video for her classes to show what she was doing all summer.  When the Cavies appeared onscreen, she mentioned a piece from The Planets they played as the class is studying it this semester.  Of course, they wanted to see the entire show.  She found it on "you know where" and not the handheld phone video either.

As Terri says, get 'em while they're hot. It won't be long before you'll have to wait for the DVDs.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Lots of YouTubes up from Indy while you're waiting for staff drama.  I just watched BAC and Bloo from finals, and SCV alumni from semis.  Get 'em while they're hot. 

Just watched SCV Alumni, Bluecoats, Scouts. All vastly different kinds of shows that seem to polarize a lot of folks. To me, they were all great fun - in part because of their great variety of styles. 

• Like 4