Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

18 minutes ago, Lead said:

Blue Devils staff now in charge of Pioneer!

A great idea! I'm going to pretend this is a real rumor that will be revealed as fact after Labor day. (Hey, people today are pretending a lot crazier things are fact.)

10 minutes ago, Usually Mistified said:

Minnesota, Louisville, USC, Auburn, Clemson, SMU, et al, all in today's day and age, 

SO, if you

… suspect or know of an individual or a business that is not complying with the tax laws on issues such as:

• False Exemptions or Deductions
  • Kickbacks
  • False/Altered Document
  • Failure to Pay Tax
  • Unreported Income
  • Organized Crime
  • Failure to Withhold

Form 3949-A

On a small hand basis that may be true to. When you start talking millions/billions. IRS does not have the time to go after the person that did not pay 100 bucks on their taxes.

Do not get me wrong, there are places such as (and I am assuming all those you listed refer to college football programs). it happens. I am not condoning it.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, Triple Forte said:

I am not sure why what I wrote in response to the OP is so hard to understand. Basically all I am saying is it would be refreshing to see a change in their creative direction and having new blood on the creative team is a great way to accomplish this; in my opinion.

rarely does sarcasm come off as comedic in written form. 

Sarcasm always comes off comically.

Edited by LabMaster

23 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Started in Champaign, Illinois! 

While stationed at Chanute AFB for my initial school training with the USAF in 67, I dated (no flies on me back then) a U of IL girl and visited their campus a few times.

• Like 1

If any corps needs a "chief strategist", I hear someone big is available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/16/2017 at 5:08 PM, oldcadetsop said:

Did they announce publically or to a friend at a bbq? Big difference.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/16/2017 at 7:05 PM, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

One told me to my face at dinner last night.  The other told me over the phone today.  That's reliable enough for me to say I know 2 staff members who will not be returning to their corps.  They get to decide when/how to make it public.  I'm just interested in if anyone else is hearing actual changes from actual staff members and how much movement that might indicate.  It's like an earthquake monitoring system - what foreshocks can we detect and how much of an event after Labor Day can we expect based on that actual data? 

yup

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Very technically.  LOL.

Baltimore enticed the Browns to move. It was not an expansion franchise granted by the NFL, per se.

In this case, the NFL did what it should have done in 1984 when the Baltimore Colts moved to Indy... it required the uprooted Browns to start as a new franchise with a new name, and kept the team records for the new Browns franchise that was created in Cleveland.

I can't blame Browns fans for being angry.  Heck, Colts fans in '84 were livid here... well before my time here, but I've heard the stories.

Being much more of a college football fan, I have no dog in either fight here.

But a bit of context.... the NFL had been openly dismissive of Baltimore's efforts to win an expansion franchise in the 1990s, instead granting franchises to Charlotte and Jacksonville when quite frankly, Baltimore's bid was far superior to that of either of those cities.

NFL commish Paul Tagliabue... IMO one of the most arrogant creeps to ever walk the face of the Earth...:tongue:... even said Baltimore should "build a museum instead" with the money the city was using for the expansion bid.

So... spurned by the NFL, Baltimore went shopping. And bought, then opened, the Ravens Museum.  LOL

calling Colts fans livid is an understatement