Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

20 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I know that DCI put a Rule in place that staff changes can't be announced until next Tuesday.

Anyone know what,if any penalty DCI could impose if the rule is broken?

As I think I said earlier somewhere, this has to be more a policy than a rule and I'm not sure how it can be enforced, at least right now. My understanding is this was discussed at a winter meeting. Chances are most staff contracts were signed prior to the meeting and this policy was not written in contracts and while a contract can be amended, employment amendments often do not stand up in court. While a word of mouth agreement should be fine, if it is not written in the contract, obliging a staff member would be difficult. If a director says something after the policy is in place, perhaps the corps could be fined, but can you really suspend a corps or penalize them on the field? I suppose you could suspend the offenders, but will that do any good? 

Is Roger Goodell making/enforcing rules in DCI now?  If so, then this could be a 4-5 show suspension.:8_laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

Is Roger Goodell making/enforcing rules in DCI now?  If so, then this could be a 4-5 show suspension.:8_laughing:

Ahya!  First few full panels of judges, then corps not being able to perform because mist dampens their props, then others because the dew disturbs their electronics, now this. 

Say it ain't so, Joe.

Otherwise Garfield will be have to be having ukulele quartets and accordions to fill the slate of his Dublin Dream show, The Foodtruck Nationals.:unsure:

49 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

only until appeal then the eventual court case

2 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

And if its the Blue Devils... they'll still find a way to advance and win the " Super Bowl ".... ( lol)

3 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

If it's Roger Goodell is enforcing the rules, Boston Crusaders would become an all age corps, this past season's ending would be practice for next year with new recruit Roger Goodell as the one at the stake with Tom Brady and Robert Kraft making sure a real fire is used. Maybe it could be a joint production with Crusaders Senior, 7th Regiment and Spartans!

• Like 1

not sure whether the "don't ask/don't tell" policy/rule about '18 staff changes pre-Tuesday will kill the usual fund raising initiatives by the DCI directors and corps?!?  

You know, the pattern that usually goes like this: "Donate big $$$, early, and often and we'll let you in on what the corps is playing this season or what the show theme is or what will the corps and guard be wearing before the public announcement."

Surprised GH didn't include that in his post-DCA protocols.

Edited by xandandl

For now, with Phantom Regiment's recent change to a co-ed guard for 2018, I'm holding out the possibility that there may have been yet another staff change there.

(As if they haven't had enough of them in the past 5 seasons.)

6 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

For now, with Phantom Regiment's recent change to a co-ed guard for 2018, I'm holding out the possibility that there may have been yet another staff change there.

(As if they haven't had enough of them in the past 5 seasons.)

maybe they have a show idea?  I really have liked their Phantomette guard.  I loved their show this year.