Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

On 8/29/2017 at 8:31 AM, Tim K said:

As I think I said earlier somewhere, this has to be more a policy than a rule and I'm not sure how it can be enforced, at least right now. My understanding is this was discussed at a winter meeting. Chances are most staff contracts were signed prior to the meeting and this policy was not written in contracts and while a contract can be amended, employment amendments often do not stand up in court. While a word of mouth agreement should be fine, if it is not written in the contract, obliging a staff member would be difficult. If a director says something after the policy is in place, perhaps the corps could be fined, but can you really suspend a corps or penalize them on the field? I suppose you could suspend the offenders, but will that do any good? 

THE CORPS CAN'T ANNOUNCE AS OFFICIAL....NOT PEOPLE

3 hours ago, flammaster said:

maybe they have a show idea?  I really have liked their Phantomette guard.  I loved their show this year.

Maybe. We'll see. Like I said in the PR 2018 thread, maybe Cartwright and co. are being more open-minded this season.

To be fair, the canon of co-ed guard shows they had (between 2005 and 2010) were great for the most part.

17 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

For now, with Phantom Regiment's recent change to a co-ed guard for 2018, I'm holding out the possibility that there may have been yet another staff change there.

(As if they haven't had enough of them in the past 5 seasons.)

This is very disappointing. I enjoy the all female Phantomettes. This is the end of yet another drum corps tradition. Sad.

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

This is very disappointing. I enjoy the all female Phantomettes. This is the end of yet another drum corps tradition. Sad.

What tradition did it end?

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

What tradition did it end?

Classical Music. Phantom is no longer going to draw upon this music genre. They're reportedly going to draw upon Progressive Techno/ Psychedelic Music... with Coed Guards.

Edited by BRASSO

12 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Classical Music. Phantom is no longer going to draw upon this music genre. They're reportedly going to draw upon Progressive Techno/ Psychedelic Music... with Coed Guards.

:35_thinking:

23 minutes ago, c.l. said:

:35_thinking:

It could be just a bad rumor though too.. you know how these bad rumors  can fill the void when Corps put on their annual Cones of Silence after Championships till  around Groundhog Day in Feb.

10 hours ago, FlamMan said:

They went with a co-ed guard from 05-10, and those programs were among the Regiment's best and routinely listed among fan favorites. A couple of those programs would not have been possible without co-ed guards, e.g., Spartacus (the way the story was told in a championship-winning way), The Red Violin (I'm in the minority, but I thought it was a great concept that fell flat design-wise).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

They went with a co-ed guard from 05-10, and those programs were among the Regiment's best and routinely listed among fan favorites. A couple of those programs would not have been possible without co-ed guards, e.g., Spartacus (the way the story was told in a championship-winning way), The Red Violin (I'm in the minority, but I thought it was a great concept that fell flat design-wise).

Guard was generally the strongest section in Phantom Regiment most seasons they went with the All Female Guard however. Their all Female Guard oftentimes, most seasons, outperformed most of their Corps other sections, other captions. Right now, I'd have to say that Phantom's Guard section should be the LEAST of their concerns at the moment at Phantom Regiment. Going BACK now to their once Coed Guard format is no panacea to their current placement and show design woes, imo

Edited by BRASSO