Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

1 hour ago, Daave said:

This thread is like Steve Martin in " The Jerk".   The new phone books are here!!

Visuals added for General Effect :

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Did I miss anything?  Busy week and haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread.  

There was mostly nothing... enclosed for GE Visuals...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Did I miss anything?  Busy week and haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread.  

No, all I can report is no corps has approached me about being on staff. :lle:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Tim K said:

No, all I can report is no corps has approached me about being on staff. :lle:

I even tried switching my men's cologne, and they still havn't approached me either about a position on staff.. very frustrating. But its early yet, and something will shake out. Have you heard from The Couchmen yet ? Rumors are they're still looking for a new Interior Designer  for 2018 still.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 1:43 PM, George Dixon said:

It wasn't "talent" it was experience 

both on the corps member side as well as the staff working together for the first time

And  drill guy first DCI effort 

all will gain and grown between 2017 and 2018

Over 50 rookies in the brass ranks made a big difference, Percussion was half rooks also. Corps average age was at or just under 19 from what I've heard

with staff continuity and early reports of excellent member retention, there is a rationale for optimism

guard possibly retaining almost all the weapons members (22 out of 24), these things do matter

they are also announcing some additional folks joining the team over the coming weeks -- techs and others who do really make a massive difference potentially 

so let's stay positive!

i also think we will see this in the case of Boston, they will have a more deep and experienced corps and a year under their belt as a team

and I expect Cavaliers as well with great experience and depth in the ranks

BD reloads and certainly SCV and Crown and Bloo will attract many top folks into their ranks, so we could see a similar ranking in terms of "order" but perhaps a deeper set of corps in the top ranks of DCI 

jmo

Cadets drill deign is Not the drill guys' first DCI attempt - 2005 Crossmen at least and many years at Jersey Surf

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, autodrill said:

Cadets drill deign is Not the drill guys' first DCI attempt - 2005 Crossmen at least and many years at Jersey Surf

Yes. The first time for a top world class corps, and it showed. But he got some great experience this summer and lots of feedback so I expect to see a good deal of growth