Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

9 hours ago, desertrat68 said:

Ah, from what I've been hearing, I think you are very wrong. Maybe not on the level of Boston last year, but some big changes are supposedly coming. 

LQQKS like Boston set the standard for the ultimate hype...and then delivered the goods on said hype with actual results...a hard act to follow...just sayin'

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Liahona said:

LQQKS like Boston set the standard for the ultimate hype...and then delivered the goods on said hype with actual results...a hard act to follow...just sayin'

Compared to recent years, I thought the DCP members who have allegiance to the BAC were pretty calm during the season in regard's to hyping the corps.   

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Compared to recent years, I thought the DCP members who have allegiance to the BAC were pretty calm during the season in regard's to hyping the corps.   

HYPE was actually more EXTERNAL...haha

Edited by Liahona

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

It was my first year on DCP, end of finals 2016 to now. My casual impression was that there was a lot of hype here about Boston's 2017 team and season. A serious study of posts might suggest something else. But again, it just seemed like a lot of attention to, or expectations for, Boston.

No matter. The real point is that Boston's management and design teams, plus the members' performances, lived up to (and I think surpassed a bit) those expectations during the off season. What a cool year for them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

It was my first year on DCP, end of finals 2016 to now. My casual impression was that there was a lot of hype here about Boston's 2017 team and season. A serious study of posts might suggest something else. But again, it just seemed like a lot of attention to, or expectations for, Boston.

No matter. The real point is that Boston's management and design teams, plus the members' performances, lived up to (and I think surpassed a bit) those expectations during the off season. What a cool year for them.

the hype was real, well contained and deserved. No one was going crazy. When you get Cadets music team and Crowns visual team the hype is justified

it will be interesting to see where they go from here design wise - the Salem Witch Trials thing was such a natural fit for them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Given both of you are from Arizona, I presume this has to do with the Academy?

I would hate to see a staff change there, as I have adored their recent shows, but if they feel the need to make an upgrade or two, so be it.

I haven't heard anything about the home team

• Like 1

Just now, brassdude6171 said:

I haven't heard anything about the home team

OK. Again, that was just an assumption I made based on the two posters' locations. Totally coincidental. My bad.

• Like 1

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

OK. Again, that was just an assumption I made based on the two posters' locations. Totally coincidental. My bad.

No problem

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

Every year during the off-season (if or when) big names move around that move gets hyped (been following activity for 3 decades - these moves are more prevalent now due to social media)...the reality is staff move around at various times for various personal reasons and that movement does not always equate to positive change for a particular corps in the short term or sometimes long term....and does not always equate to a loss for the corps that lost that staff or team...More times than not a big named staff person comes with the rest of their staff in that caption...so that can equate to bigger improvement but it is not necessarily guaranteed...I've seen big name movement that didn't work out exactly as much as people had hoped...although there was some competitive success achieved from where the were previously (ex. Jim Mason to MS)...then some staff hardly if ever move at all...just look at Blue Devils in this regard...As far as Boston...they in essence got the ultimate trifecta...design/guard team, brass team, and percussion team captions which lead to their competitive success we witnessed in 2017...