Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

34 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Every year during the off-season (if or when) big names move around that move gets hyped (been following activity for 3 decades - these moves are more prevalent now due to social media)...the reality is staff move around at various times for various personal reasons and that movement does not always equate to positive change for a particular corps in the short term or sometimes long term....and does not always equate to a loss for the corps that lost that staff or team...More times than not a big named staff person comes with the rest of their staff in that caption...so that can equate to bigger improvement but it is not necessarily guaranteed...I've seen big name movement that didn't work out exactly as much as people had hoped...although there was some competitive success achieved from where the were previously (ex. Jim Mason to MS)...then some staff hardly if ever move at all...just look at Blue Devils in this regard...As far as Boston...they in essence got the ultimate trifecta...design/guard team, brass team, and percussion team captions which lead to their competitive success we witnessed in 2017...

exactly!

Most times we some one big caption head move between corps - either brass or drum, or a cluster of visual folks like SCV a few years back

I don't expect to see anything of that scale this off season

Gino said it best in his FloMarching video - "sometimes people just need a change and it can reinvigorate 

2017 was a bit of an adjustment for Cadets & Crown - but I'm confident in the end all 3 corps will emerge stronger

3 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

If it's the one that was most discussed this summer, yeah, it'd be huge. Would make for some entertaining reading from some of the alums who regularly post on DCP.

Ive heard two.  One was huge at first, then I heard an expansion of the orginial.  It involves alot more than a few individuals to give you an idea.  The second one makes the first one look like a slight adjustment XD

25 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

If it's the one that was most discussed this summer, yeah, it'd be huge. Would make for some entertaining reading from some of the alums who regularly post on DCP.

well if an east coast "alignment" is what you're alluding to - think show circuit under the control of 3 corps. I'll believe it when I see it - but it would prove quite interesting and could benefit all 3 plus greatly expand USB. NJ/PA/OH/MD/VA/NC/SC/GA/FL is nothing to sneeze at. USB could become a real rival to BOA 

I'd file this under "not impossible but not likely"

Edited by George Dixon