Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

Maybe next year... if the current agreement/rule/whatever still stands.... this thread can be started  after Labor Day weekend?  :innocent:

Then again... where else would we discuss a wide-ranging selection of topics if that were the case!!!  :tongue:

35 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Well two corps fall within 75 mile radius in top 12 near Rockford....Madison Scouts and The Cavaliers...I'm thinking that Cavies announced 5 year contracts last season...so perhaps MS...

rumor of course 

No idea if it is a done deal but it is what I was told. This was as of about a week after finals. It is possible things changed and fell through as I'm not directly connected to the organization but the announcement he is no longer with BK does fall into that path.

8 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Am I reading this correctly that Chuck Naffier will be the new brass arranger? Awesome! I've enjoyed his arrangements for the Colts in the past.

Colts, Crossmen, Magic, etc. When the reigns are free, he does a great job. 

2 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Colts, Crossmen, Magic, etc. When the reigns are free, he does a great job. 

I agree...I especially liked a lot of work he did with Crossmen...

45 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Well two corps fall within 75 mile radius in top 12 near Rockford....Madison Scouts and The Cavaliers...I'm thinking that Cavies announced 5 year contracts last season...so perhaps MS...

rumor of course 

I think the opposite. I have a feeling BT will be headed to the Windy City, given his brother was there during that corps' best years.

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I agree...I especially liked a lot of work he did with Crossmen...

L-

I'm a luddite first degree and you're much better at it than I am. Just as corps do re-writes mid season when the show is not working, what about a re-write of this thread so it works better. I am thinking a list of all the DCI corps and a column for links to official announcements which would save the reader from going through all the prattle and commentary. In other words, just the facts. The other would continue of course, but my idea might be helpful for those seeking info, not rumors. Thus far, only Academy, Blue Knights, Cadets, and Genesis have given official announcements on their websites although others may have used other social site announcements of which I am unaware. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Tony Flores said:

A HA!!! i knew that was her...she got her start really with Nite Express in 95 and 96 (for DCI) she and steve were on staff (brass[arranger & Cap head] and guard) helped us have some really good programs

I suspect you're thinking of Kim Vento.

47 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Am I reading this correctly that Chuck Naffier will be the new brass arranger? Awesome! I've enjoyed his arrangements for the Colts in the past.

I totally agree!!!  Great pickup for Genesis. Chuck is terrific!!!

43 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I totally agree!!!  Great pickup for Genesis. Chuck is terrific!!!

So is Jason Buckingham overseeing the brass program. Chuck and Jason have worked together a lot in the past, always with outstanding results.

• Like 3