Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

38 minutes ago, c.l. said:

Very curious why they needed a new one, as I thought that was Colts' strongest caption last year.

I have no clue why they left! Definitely was their strongest caption. 

17 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The only question now is which Top 12 corps will get knocked out in their place.

Are ties in 12th place not allowed anymore or is that now decided by who has the most electronics and singers?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Are ties in 12th place not allowed anymore or is that now decided by who has the most electronics and singers?

To my knowledge, they're still allowed. I know it's a totally different league, but BOA Grand Nationals this past year had a tie for 12th in Semis, so there were 13 bands in Finals.

1 hour ago, c.l. said:

Very curious why they needed a new one, as I thought that was Colts' strongest caption last year.

42 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

I have no clue why they left! Definitely was their strongest caption. 

They got new guard instructors from Florida this past season, so my guess is they got a new guard caption head to match this recent change.

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I have a simple request for next season:  please wait until Labor Day before starting the "Staff Merry-Go-Round 2019" thread.  Thanks.

My suggestion still stands for Liahona or a better tech savvy person than I am. Start a thread which lists the 24 or so DCI corps and be able to insert the link with the official announcement of staff placements and changes . Use Excel or whatever you like. This  thread could continue for the banter, the bluster, and commentary.  We do something similar with show titles and show music to date.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

My suggestion still stands for Liahona or a better tech savvy person than I am. Start a thread which lists the 24 or so DCI corps and be able to insert the link with the official announcement of staff placements and changes . Use Excel or whatever you like. This  thread could continue for the banter, the bluster, and commentary.  We do something similar with show titles and show music to date.

That's too much work. I'd prefer to have everything here to go with the drifting, nonsensical blathering. LOL

• Like 1

Just now, Fran Haring said:

That's too much work. I'd prefer to have everything here to go with the drifting, nonsensical blathering. LOL

which is why you are still referred to as Senior corps junkie and have been retired with your shirts. :-p

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

which is why you are still referred to as Senior corps junkie and have been retired with your shirts. :-p

My shirts retired a while ago, at least for wearing them at drum corps shows!!!  LOL

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

To my knowledge, they're still allowed. I know it's a totally different league, but BOA Grand Nationals this past year had a tie for 12th in Semis, so there were 13 bands in Finals.

And then a tie for first in finals (Carmel and Avon).  I remember those days in DCI...

I believe the scoring rules in DCI were revamped a number of years ago to make ties pretty difficult to happen numerically.  They still could, but it is now less likely to happen.