Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

4 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

BREAKING: Wayne Downey the new brass arraigner and lead chef with INT.

Whoa!

Anybody though that thinks that this hire will move INT up from the middle of the pack is just kidding themselves, imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like that the Blue Stars made a small change. I like Frank Sullivan's arrangements, but thought he might be a short term fix when he came on board last September. Adding someone who has been part of the Blue Devils success for so many years strengthens the design team. 

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

*arranged

I assumed he was legitimately leaving drum corps when he announced his retirement from BD.

He's not allowed to retire yet. I taught him in high school, I'm still working so he has to as well... ;)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Is that the same Wunderlich that arranges for BD's pit?

...Interesting. But hey, there's at least one current arranger that arranges everything in the music.

Sad to see Sullivan go, though. I've liked his drum corps arrangements much more than his omnipresent marching band arrangements.

Is Frank Sullivan sitting it out or is there a corps appointment we have yet to hear announced?

2 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

from Front Ensemble Arranger to Brass Arranger...que? 

See: Markworth, Andrew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Anybody though that thinks that this hire will move INT up from the middle of the pack is just kidding themselves, imo

Slotting lives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Varies slightly from show to show, but always around the middle of the pack. Nothing you can do about it.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the Blue Stars have a great staff in place to remain in finals and possibly move up a spot or two. With that being said, 8th place or bust! The top 7 is just too strong, currently. The Boston Crusaders will more than likely be very good again and I can't see the Cadets dropping to 8th (sure would be fun, though). In addition, they need to put the story telling on the shelf for a while and come up with a great theme with a great repertoire. Themed shows can still be just as successful as story driven shows. Transitions, GE, and marching could use a little more attention, too. 

Edited by corps8294
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1