Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

46 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Looks like the Blue Stars have a great staff in place to remain in finals and possibly move up a spot or two. With that being said, 8th place or bust! The top 7 is just too strong, currently. The Boston Crusaders will more than likely be very good again and I can't see the Cadets dropping to 8th (sure would be fun, though). In addition, they need to put the story telling on the shelf for a while and come up with a great theme with a great repertoire. Themed shows can still be just as successful as story driven shows. Transitions, GE, and marching could use a little more attention, too. I'd also like to see their guard have the look of the Phantomettes and the talent of the Blue Devils (asking for too much?). :thumbup:

Cadets dropping to 8th "sure would be fun"? What world do some of you people live in?

And you want BK's guard to "look" a certain way?? 

Geez.

God forbid the members don't look the right way for you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets dropping to 8th "sure would be fun"? What world do some of you people live in?

They live in a world where the Cadets have beaten their corps every year for decades.  The live in a world where maybe their corps can improve enough to finally beat Cadets, who are clearly going through a period of change and rebuild.

Nobody said it would be fun for Cadets, but yes, it would be fun for much of the rest of DCI.

• Like 3

And you want BK's guard to "look" a certain way?? 

Geez.

God forbid the members don't look the right way for you.

Scott Stewart puts Cadets next season in 10th...tongue-in-cheek of course...

19 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

I like that the Blue Stars made a small change. I like Frank Sullivan's arrangements, but thought he might be a short term fix when he came on board last September. Adding someone who has been part of the Blue Devils success for so many years strengthens the design team. 

Looks like that is not an accurate 2018 staff list!

2 hours ago, Kamarag said:

They live in a world where the Cadets have beaten their corps every year for decades.  The live in a world where maybe their corps can improve enough to finally beat Cadets, who are clearly going through a period of change and rebuild.

Nobody said it would be fun for Cadets, but yes, it would be fun for much of the rest of DCI.

awww poor babies... can't beat the Cadets so need Cadets to do bad so they can beat them. Give me a break!

It's really not about this.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

http://www.bluestars.org/story.php?story_id=874

Frank Sullivan out and Jim Wunderlich in as brass arranger at Blue Stars.  Everything else looks intact from this past season.  

Awwwwww, that sucks! I quite like Sullivan's arrangements.

• Like 2

awww poor babies... can't beat the Cadets so need Cadets to do bad so they can beat them. Give me a break!

Nobody said anything about Cadets doing bad. Sure, that's one way they could drop to eighth, but they could also get better and *still* drop. DCI isn't a static competition.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

You take everything about the Cadets on the most personal level possible 

• Like 5