Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

You take everything about the Cadets on the most personal level possible 

I really don't, and I really don't need your lecture on how I take things.

Do you have an opinion on the topic at hand?

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I really don't, and I really don't need your lecture on how I take things.

Do you have an opinion on the topic at hand?

It's not a lecture, it's an observation. 

My opinion on the topic is the following: 

5 hours ago, Kamarag said:

They live in a world where the Cadets have beaten their corps every year for decades.  The live in a world where maybe their corps can improve enough to finally beat Cadets, who are clearly going through a period of change and rebuild.

Nobody said it would be fun for Cadets, but yes, it would be fun for much of the rest of DCI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kamarag said:

Nobody said anything about Cadets doing bad. Sure, that's one way they could drop to eighth, but they could also get better and *still* drop. DCI isn't a static competition.

I agree with that for sure - they did better this year and dropped a place

So did a few other corps. I just don't see ANY corps dropping as "sure would be fun"

I wasn't "fun" when Scouts fell out of finals, Cavaliers had a rough patch, Bloo went from 1st to 5th, Academy fell out of finals

It actually sucks and is disappointing for the folks involved, and yes, exciting for others

This side conversation reminds me of the folks in the DCA thead seemingly annoyed that Kidsgrove Scouts came over from England and "stole" a finals spot. Such an odd way to think.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2017 at 6:21 PM, Lance said:

i'm just here to see if there are any staff changes

kind of hard to find in 72 pages of bickering

anybody with a tidy little list of changes by any chance?

• Chad Pence replaces Brad Toth as the Blue Knights' Brass Caption Head (rumor has it that Toth is moving to Madison).
  • Lindsey Vento replaces Michael Townsend as the Academy's Program Coordinator.
  • Jade Bouza will be the Colts' new Color Guard Caption Head.
  • Chuck Naffier will be Genesis' new Brass Arranger.
  • Jim Wunderlich replaces Frank Sullivan as the Blue Stars' Brass Arranger.
  • Mandarins and Cadets both announced that their design teams will be coming back for next season.

That's all I know right now.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Cadets dropping to 8th "sure would be fun"? What world do some of you people live in?

I live in the world where GH and six other arrogant directors recommended DCI eliminate all support for over half the corps performing under the banner of DCI, recommended that most all WC corps, other than his and those six, be religated to a lower class in a condescending manner, and with no apology whatsoever for that attitude. So, yep, for me, even though I have been with two of those seven in the past, until a formal public apology is made, it would be sort of a pleasure if any of those seven corps dropped out of the top 12.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:
  • Chad Pence replaces Brad Toth as the Blue Knights' Brass Caption Head (rumor has it that Toth is moving to Madison).
  • Lindsey Vento replaces Michael Townsend as the Academy's Program Coordinator.
  • Jade Bouza will be the Colts' new Color Guard Caption Head.
  • Jim Wunderlich replaces Frank Sullivan as the Blue Stars' brass arranger.
  • Mandarins and Cadets both announced that their design teams will be coming back for next season.

That's all I know right now.

Thank you for the succinct and relevant information on the topic that is somehow bewilderingly 72 pages......

I will just check official corps announcements for staff changes.  Reading this topic is maddening.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

I live in the world where GH and six other arrogant directors recommended DCI eliminate all support for over half the corps performing under the banner of DCI, recommended that most all WC corps, other than his and those six, be religated to a lower class in a condescending manner, and with no apology whatsoever for that attitude. So, yep, for me, even though I have been with two of those seven in the past, until a formal public apology is made, it would be sort of a pleasure if any of those seven corps dropped out of the top 12.

Well then you apparently live in an alternate reality as that was never recommended.

That's a grossly inaccurate interpretation of the "G7" proposal

I guess I just come from a more positive place where I have fewer axes to grind

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

Haven't even thought of it that way, but I agree with you

• Like 1