Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

4 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Heh... I did OK in that wardrobe fight.  LOL.

Now... the guy I could never hang with was Vic Kulinski.  The Hawaiian shirt champ.  :tongue:

Elvis 

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

#### you made me actually agree with Stu again. He's actually spot on

no - the "G7" proposal was actually about helping the lower tier world class corps

one surviving element is the "Tour of Champions" shows - since those happened the non G7 corps have seen record audition tryouts and we've seen record attendance at many of the regional shows

it's packaging the "very best" in a product that has mass appeal - and frankly it would also give the "other" WC a championship of their own to shoot for

G7 was looked at in the worst possible element - however the elements that HAVE happened have proven to be extremely beneficial

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

no - the "G7" proposal was actually about helping the lower tier world class corps

one surviving element is the "Tour of Champions" shows - since those happened the non G7 corps have seen record audition tryouts and we've seen record attendance at many of the regional shows

it's packaging the "very best" in a product that has mass appeal - and frankly it would also give the "other" WC a championship of their own to shoot for

G7 was looked at in the worst possible element - however the elements that HAVE happened have proven to be extremely beneficial

No. It was about power and money. Pure and simple. 

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Sure.

And Stalin's gulags were actually affordable vacation resorts for the average Russian.  :tongue:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I wasn't around when the G7 proposal emerged, but I am curious about the elements that have proven to be extremely beneficial. I enjoy the TOC show in Nashville, but frankly, that show has always been well attended long before the G7. I'd go no matter who was performing.

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

l

Oh brother...  there are no words that could adequately express how wrong/ inaccurate this comment is.

Stop.... just stop.... please. I feel somewhat bad for anyone that would actually believe this. Comments such as this are DCP at its absolute worst, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Oh brother...  there are no words that could adequately express how wrong/ inaccurate this comment is.

Stop.... just stop.... please. I feel somewhat bad for anyone that would actually believe this. Comments such as this are DCP at its absolute worst, imo.

Be careful, Brasso! You could become a club member!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Be careful, Brasso! You could become a club member!

I say what I want, when I want, and let the chips fall where they may be.

Its hard to overlook any comment... by anyone... that the G7 proposal intent/ motivation behind it was " about helping the lower tier DCI Corps" as George Dixon trys to peddle here.  Its such unbelievable nonsense. We know this because all the non G7 Corps Directors interpreted it as an extortion on them, and thus took immediate emergency actions to have a recall vote of DCI BOD'ers that were the instigators of this selfish G7 Corps scheme cooked up behind closed doors by the G7 Corps schemers. The G7 was principally about helping THEMSELVES, ( G7 Corps )and the H with every other non G7 Corps.  Its difficult to let a poster's revisionist history attempts to intentionally spin a motivation for something that is completely false without a response, imo. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

C'mon Dix!

The INTENT of that proposal was never made to benefit anyone but themselves.  It was all about being exclusive and not inclusive. Please stop trying to re-write history.  

While the "Tour of Champions" concept has proven to be successful itself, many of the detail elements proposed for that concept have not been very successful at all.  Small ensembles and interviews for example now are non-existent at these events.  The only element that has survived is the competition itself and that is the same as other shows.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1