It's 2017 and FloMarching still can't get streaming down...

I joined in the final month of DCI and every stream I was able to watch (not much due to work) has all been really bad.

Constant bufffering and skipping, terrible video quality.  I have the highest tier of Xfinity before gigabit speeds and no one else has been streaming anything on my network when I watch.  It's like watching images streamed on a potato.

I hope I can get a refund for this--ridiculous that it's 2017 and this is still an issue with a company as large as Flo.

As an aside, every other streaming serivce I use works perfectly fine, including 4K content to a 4K TV over wireless.  So IMHO, the problem is not with my network or bandwidth, but Flo themselves.

I know you're quite good when it comes to technology, but I'm surprised because not many people are seeming to have these issues to your extent. 

Any idea why it's so inconsistent from person to person?

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I know you're quite good when it comes to technology, but I'm surprised because not many people are seeming to have these issues to your extent. 

Any idea why it's so inconsistent from person to person?

I did everything possible to improve the stream.  There was nothing else in my residence that was streaming as they are all out of the house right now.  I did a speed test and my ping was low and download speeds as high as I expect them to be.

It's hard to say why it's so inconsistent but this is the first year of DCI partnering with FloMarching.  I am guessing they don't have very good servers running because of all the webcasts, The Finals was the worst by far.  Serious potato quality the moment I logged on.

My first experience this year was terrible. I told Flo I might need a refund. They suggested switching to Chrome instead of Firefox as the browser. I did and it's been very good ever since, with only very occasional temporary glitches.