Carolina Crown 2018

4 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Something like 2007 and 2008 would be great!!

I was thinking more 2009/2012.

6 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Something like 2007 and 2008 would be great!!

YES. I know Crown homers will jump down my throat as per usual but I really want to see a break from the "flexing their chops" and more emphasis on organic music structure 

2 minutes ago, skevinp said:

If a crown with 2013 ability played the 2007 show, how would it score?

Probably around fourth or fifth. I am not reeeeally a fan of the content of that show in terms of scoring.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:27 PM, Trumpet2 said:

I still wish they had kept the ending where the bad guy died...

I have to agree with this.  I don't care about the guy or the commentary so much, but the change made to show mercy really ruined the musical flow of the show ending for me.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:35 PM, Cappybara said:

Nope, the new ending was perfect. Loved the commentary it brought to the field. 

Again, it is about the music flow for me not the commentary.  I find the abrupt change of musical direction confusing, but that is just my opinion.

The "kill him" ending lets the Medea passage breathe and is more satisfying to my sense of musical direction.

(maybe the had already started to "lose their sense of direction" last year)...hehe

Listen to the difference from an earlier show (Muncie) and the finals version...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cube said:

Nowadays you can't just rely on melodic content, you have to flex a bit so the judges know you're good.

I think Crowm has to win the fans back a bit  in 2018.  

I don't thinking THEY have to win back the fans. (The twice I saw them live, people really liked that show). 

I was not a huge fan of it. I just didn't like their closer, and I don't think the field manipulation worked as well as it could of IMO. 

I still like 75% of the show. I just felt the show kinda just ended and stopped. 

I am curious on what they are going to do next year, I will always be interested in what Crown does. 

5 hours ago, DTrooper77 said:

I have to agree with this.  I don't care about the guy or the commentary so much, but the change made to show mercy really ruined the musical flow of the show ending for me.

Again, it is about the music flow for me not the commentary.  I find the abrupt change of musical direction confusing, but that is just my opinion.

The "kill him" ending lets the Medea passage breathe and is more satisfying to my sense of musical direction.

(maybe the had already started to "lose their sense of direction" last year)...hehe

Listen to the difference from an earlier show (Muncie) and the finals version...

Yes, partly because I absolutely HATE the song "Hallelujah" and was happy it was over after the ballad...but the "kill him" ending works so much better musically. 

• Like 1