Carolina Crown 2018

Re the two endings for Relentless, could not agree more with those that prefer the original version. I'm fine with the the killer having been spared a summary execution. Just wish that the merciful intervention could have been incorporated without altering the musical component. 

The build up to that final ocarina whistle in the original ending never failed to elicit a strong emotional response. Not so much with the revised ending

Still, a Crown show that I stays in my regular rotation...

Oh wow, I just listened to the different recordings. The kill him ending is even better than i thought it was as a huge emotional component of the show and it's a great payoff too. What a moment for Crown brass as well.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, cube said:

Oh wow, I just listened to the different recordings. The kill him ending is even better than i thought it was as a huge emotional component of the show and it's a great payoff too. What a moment for Crown brass as well.

I guess I'm gonna remain in the minority on this one :)

• Like 1

The Medea theme fits a lot better with the act of killing rather than mercy, doesn't it? And since the west is ruthless and our main character is Relentless, the kill ending fits so much better.

53 minutes ago, cube said:

The Medea theme fits a lot better with the act of killing rather than mercy, doesn't it? And since the west is ruthless and our main character is Relentless, the kill ending fits so much better.

Life is a lot more boring if things end the way they're supposed to :)

15 hours ago, wigwam said:

Sorry to be so positive, but I liked both endings. 

That's not an option, one or the other!

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:27 PM, Trumpet2 said:

I still wish they had kept the ending where the bad guy died...

I so much preferred the dark ending.  In the context of the Spaghetti Western, it just made so much more sense.  Crown, though, is incredibly risk-averse when it comes to unhappy endings to their stories.  Major Tom made it home, Hell gave way to Paradise, the son spared the killer... 

(And just to harken back a couple of pages, the brass runs in the closer of OOTW were fantastic and spectacular and I wanted even *more* of it!)

Mike

• Like 4

23 hours ago, MikeN said:

I so much preferred the dark ending.  In the context of the Spaghetti Western, it just made so much more sense.  Crown, though, is incredibly risk-averse when it comes to unhappy endings to their stories.  Major Tom made it home, Hell gave way to Paradise, the son spared the killer... 

(And just to harken back a couple of pages, the brass runs in the closer of OOTW were fantastic and spectacular and I wanted even *more* of it!)

Mike

And that kick### drill too.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2017 at 5:01 PM, MikeN said:

Mike

Ironically, much of Crown's creative team moved to Boston this season, and the ending to that show was anything but happy.