Carolina Crown 2018

On 10/4/2017 at 4:43 PM, BRASSO said:

There was a rumor posted( on another site)that one of DCI's top Corps was about to merge with another DCI well known DCI Corps this off season.

Don't hold your breath... lol

Cadets is merging with Boston?

34 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

or (speculative rumor only, not grounded in fact, no info at all, mere fantasy)

is Boston's megaboard (which also includes a couple of Cadets' alums as does Crown's BoD, BD BoD and a few others) going to buy out USBands thus widening the Boston brand and perhaps wiping out for YEA that 1 million dollar debt, ??? ho, ho.                                                                                     j/k

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Boston probably wouldn't want to take on the Cadets current debt. It'd be a drag on them. So its a non starter. My.., have the times changed since that G7 thingy was floated out by GH as a proposal, huh ? Seems like a long time ago now.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2017 at 8:09 PM, CrownBariDad said:

Looks like "Helen", the stagecoach from Crown's Relentless show has found a new "Home on the Range" with the 2017 Penn Trafford Marching Band.  There's a YouTube link, but not sure about copyright, et al.

Edit:  Comment on original post say Helen is "on loan".

Here she is! 

https://imgur.com/a/cLq5P

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering how recruitment' going...I've watched them live at their performances in Bentonville every year since 2012 and every one around just said they wold love to be a part of that corps...that didn't happen this year. They still had the best show and the loudest applause, but it was slow coming....All the past years the crowd around me was on their feet even before that last note was released...but this year only a few of us rose like that. I took my two little cousins who just started hs marching band to see them and they asked me why I was so impressed with them. It made a bit sad that I had to break it down to them...had they seen them the years before I wouldn't have had to explain. 

The corps could consist of a large number of veteran returns,..they'll know how things are done and won't have to spend as much time on learning the basics and getting into the routine of things....which could make them even stronger in 2018. But if they had a lot of ages outs from 2017, they'll need to fill those spots with less experience kids...it could be harder to fill them..jugging by their reaction  to Crowns show...

2 hours ago, msumello said:

I'm wondering how recruitment' going...I've watched them live at their performances in Bentonville every year since 2012 and every one around just said they wold love to be a part of that corps...that didn't happen this year. They still had the best show and the loudest applause, but it was slow coming....All the past years the crowd around me was on their feet even before that last note was released...but this year only a few of us rose like that. I took my two little cousins who just started hs marching band to see them and they asked me why I was so impressed with them. It made a bit sad that I had to break it down to them...had they seen them the years before I wouldn't have had to explain. 

The corps could consist of a large number of veteran returns,..they'll know how things are done and won't have to spend as much time on learning the basics and getting into the routine of things....which could make them even stronger in 2018. But if they had a lot of ages outs from 2017, they'll need to fill those spots with less experience kids...it could be harder to fill them..jugging by their reaction  to Crowns show...

Only 44 ageouts this past year (lowest number in the top 5)!  Huge number of vets returning from what I am told!

On 10/10/2017 at 4:07 PM, MikeRapp said:

Nope. No place to put George that'd be satisfactory to both Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, CubFan said:

Only 44 ageouts this past year (lowest number in the top 5)!  Huge number of vets returning from what I am told!

Crown had terrific performer talent in their Corps last season. They've had excellent performer talent since they won a few years back.'.. heck, even before then, their brass line was excellent. ' Looking forward to this season's show from Carolina Crown. I usually love their shows most years!

Edited by BRASSO