Carolina Crown 2018

17 hours ago, wigwam said:

Have they picked all the brass members or are they still evaluating?

Crown has another audition camp coming up in December. From what I've been told, that's when a lot of the vets start coming back. At that time, they'll start making offers and begin the cut process.

12 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Was at Nation Ford on Sunday - only for a few. Over 200 brass at tryouts. I didn't get a good look at the guard or the drums (had to leave prior to show and tell) but there were quite a few there as well. Brass sounded great, maybe a bit better than they did last November. There were definitely more brass players at this camp than a year ago. Anyone worried about Crown having a down year... its not going to happen. Solid first camp for the multi-colored purple and cream team.

I'm sure Crown is continuing to attract great talent, even with some of their most significant former staff members now in Boston. Right now, IMO it's all coming down to what their show design will be. I think anything better than the disaster that was 2017 will put them into discussion for the Top 2, or at the very least keep them in the Top 3 or 4.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'm sure Crown is continuing to attract great talent, even with some of their most significant former staff members now in Boston. Right now, IMO it's all coming down to what their show design will be. I think anything better than the disaster that was 2017 will put them into discussion for the Top 2, or at the very least keep them in the Top 3 or 4.

Disaster???  Placement speaks for itself whether you liked it or not!  Taking a strong 3rd should never be considered a disaster!  Now, on to 2018!  Largest audition camp EVER this past weekend and vet retention rate is very high!  Going to be tough to make this corps this year and sounds like the show concept is falling into place very nicely!  Can't wait to see how strong they are this upcoming season!

5 minutes ago, CubFan said:

Disaster???  Placement speaks for itself whether you liked it or not!  Taking a strong 3rd should never be considered a disaster!  Now, on to 2018!  Largest audition camp EVER this past weekend and vet retention rate is very high!  Going to be tough to make this corps this year and sounds like the show concept is falling into place very nicely!  Can't wait to see how strong they are this upcoming season!

Disaster score-wise or not, it was pretty clear that a good amount of those who marched with Crown last season were not happy with the crowd responses they were generating last season. There were quite a few reddit comments from members expressing this sentiment.

Now I’m not saying that will or will not affect retention, but it’s something to avoid doing multiple seasons in a row

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Disaster score-wise or not, it was pretty clear that a good amount of those who marched with Crown last season were not happy with the crowd responses they were generating last season. There were quite a few reddit comments from members expressing this sentiment.

Now I’m not saying that will or will not affect retention, but it’s something to avoid doing multiple seasons in a row

From what I saw on Sunday, I don't think it affected retention one bit. And even if it does, they have more than enough talent there to reload. Crown will be just fine.

Edited by Newseditor44