Carolina Crown 2018

46 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Carolina Crown 2018: "Beast"

Ah, so the working title was correct.  People will like the show music!

Right up their alley. Aggressive brass and intense music! Sounds very cool!

• Like 3

Hmmm sounds intense! Since I’m playing in a pit orchestra for Beauty and the Beast right now, I’m gonna wish for some music from the Disney classic! (Yeah, I know it’s a long shot but one can hope! XD) In all reality, with reports from Boston and SCV and other corps seemingly heading down a very aggressive show design path, I hope a corps is able to put something genuinely beautiful on the field. That was something that was, in my opinion, very lacking from last season, with the exception of maybe the Cadet’s closer. But I miss the vibes that Phantom 2010 or SCV 2016 put on the field. Aggressive, angry shows work but when nearly everyone is always intense, it begins to lose its effect. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Who's on first? said:

Hmmm sounds intense! Since I’m playing in a pit orchestra for Beauty and the Beast right now, I’m gonna wish for some music from the Disney classic! (Yeah, I know it’s a long shot but one can hope! XD) In all reality, with reports from Boston and SCV and other corps seemingly heading down a very aggressive show design path, I hope a corps is able to put something genuinely beautiful on the field. That was something that was, in my opinion, very lacking from last season, with the exception of maybe the Cadet’s closer. But I miss the vibes that Phantom 2010 or SCV 2016 put on the field. Aggressive, angry shows work but when nearly everyone is always intense, it begins to lose its effect. 

The goal of the show is to show the beautiful and the aggressive sides of a beast but not in the form of Disneys story. There is softer music in the show but it is our own interpretation of a beast. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ghosty said:

The goal of the show is to show the beautiful and the aggressive sides of a beast but not in the form of Disneys story. There is softer music in the show but it is our own interpretation of a beast. 

Thanks for some extra clarification! I was super excited to see where this show goes, but this only gets me more pumped!

Without revealing the show music, I can tell you it’s extremely powerful, aggressive and at certain moments very beautiful. There will be some new sounds that you haven’t heard from Crown in the past including different approaches to electronics in certain sections. The sound will be BIG, and as you can see in the video they released they’re adding bass trombones into the mix this season.  The evolution for Crown continues this season and I expect this show will probably be more we’ll received than last years. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Without revealing the show music, I can tell you it’s extremely powerful, aggressive and at certain moments very beautiful. There will be some new sounds that you haven’t heard from Crown in the past including different approaches to electronics in certain sections. The sound will be BIG, and as you can see in the video they released they’re adding bass trombones into the mix this season.  The evolution for Crown continues this season and I expect this show will probably be more we’ll received than last years. 

Sounds exciting! :)