Carolina Crown 2018

14 hours ago, Who's on first? said:

Hmmm sounds intense! Since I’m playing in a pit orchestra for Beauty and the Beast right now, I’m gonna wish for some music from the Disney classic! (Yeah, I know it’s a long shot but one can hope! XD) In all reality, with reports from Boston and SCV and other corps seemingly heading down a very aggressive show design path, I hope a corps is able to put something genuinely beautiful on the field. That was something that was, in my opinion, very lacking from last season, with the exception of maybe the Cadet’s closer. But I miss the vibes that Phantom 2010 or SCV 2016 put on the field. Aggressive, angry shows work but when nearly everyone is always intense, it begins to lose its effect. 

Wow, so  well put especially the part about all the  angry aggressive shows  lose effect when so many people are doing it. Like to me and maybe I'm in the minority 2016 SCV was far better than 2017  in terms of show design musically. 

Anyway, back to crown looking forward to it aa  always because crown usually has shows I enjoy I just wish we'd see something more like 2007 2008 2011 even 2016.  Was not hoping for a dark direction  but it seems to be a comfort zone for  this activity 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Wow, so  well put especially the part about all the  angry aggressive shows  lose effect when so many people are doing it. Like to me and maybe I'm in the minority 2016 SCV was far better than 2017  in terms of show design musically. 

Anyway, back to crown looking forward to it aa  always because crown usually has shows I enjoy I just wish we'd see something more like 2007 2008 2011 even 2016.  Was not hoping for a dark direction  but it seems to be a comfort zone for  this activity 

I really don't think you're going to have to worry.  Yes, it is going to be on the dark side, but the music they have chosen I think will leave everyone being excited and actually leave the stadium humming to some of the music they heard!

10 hours ago, CubFan said:

I really don't think you're going to have to worry.  Yes, it is going to be on the dark side, but the music they have chosen I think will leave everyone being excited and actually leave the stadium humming to some of the music they heard!

Most of the time presentation is the key and crown does that very well curious to see what it all sounds like !! 

I’m hoping for a successful, drama-free season for Crown. I want that for all the corps actually, but especially for Crown. 

EDIT

And by “drama-free” I mean bad drama. Competitive drama is ok, lol.

Edited by crownisking

I like that low brass sound. At first I wasn’t too sure about adding trombones into the DCI mix but I think I’m liking it as an additional piece of color. What I’ve heard since, including this Crown clip, has been pretty tasty. I guess I’m a convert. 

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 2