Carolina Crown 2018

3 hours ago, tommynev said:

I could sadly quote that episode verbatim.. 

I could probably quote every episode. I've seen them all at least 10 times. 

23 minutes ago, Highwaydude said:

love those notes near the end of the video!  

I feel like there’s something missing... whether it just is the absence of Matt Harloff, or something idk. I wish there was more there than just chords. However, they’re sounding just as good as usual!!

15 minutes ago, Who's on first? said:

I feel like there’s something missing... ... or something idk. I wish there was more there than just chords. ...

the 16-note mellophone runs....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Highwaydude said:

love those notes near the end of the video!  

A very different kind of Crown hit. I love it!

3 hours ago, Who's on first? said:

I feel like there’s something missing... whether it just is the absence of Matt Harloff, or something idk. I wish there was more there than just chords. However, they’re sounding just as good as usual!!

This is a typical Crown warmup. Tuning notes followed by some big show chords.  "In the Lot" videos before a show will have a lot more activity and runs. 

Heard some clips of the technical tonguing passages Crown takes from the show as their typical lot warm ups from a friend yesterday. Some very difficult stuff going on in the book, but it will sound amazing on the field! Can't wait to see how this show is going to shape up. 

21 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

This is a typical Crown warmup. Tuning notes followed by some big show chords.  "In the Lot" videos before a show will have a lot more activity and runs. 

While I don’t expect the tuning sequence to be very technical in nature, this feels even simpler than normal. There’s no apparent melody, just chord progressions. That being said, it’s still MAY!! We don’t even know how this fits in with the show!! I’m way excited about this show. After last year’s announcement, I remember feeling so... meh. This year though... I was left giddy after video. 

• Like 1