Carolina Crown 2018

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Excuse me for trying to ENSURE it was a rumor. Good Lord, go back to the Boston thread. Lol. :whip:

Well you heard from another poster that it WAS rumor..I'm going to hold my own judgement on that considering I know my sources....but at the same time I don't want to discount what the other poster said here...so stop being snarky

Edited by Liahona

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Well you heard from another poster that it WAS rumor..I'm going to hold my own judgement on that considering I know my sources....but at the same time I don't want to discount what the other poster said here...so stop being snarky

Stop being condescending and I will. Lol. I asked nicely, you came back with RUMOR, so yes I got snarky. Shew, having to explain yourself gets exhausting.

Edited by Incognito365

I think the uniform (costume), as unique as it is, looks fine and clearly matches the theme. I mean, it is 2018 and costuming is more what the corps are going for than a basic uniform to enhance the character. I'm pretty old school, but I've joined the dark side and as long as it's more comfortable and easier to march and play in, then I'm cool with whatever fits the show concept the best. DCI is still behind WGI in totally off the cuff costumes, but it's just where the activity is going now. I'll just close my eyes and enjoy the music since the color I hear will be just fine!! 

Edited by trumpetcam

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Stop being condescending and I will. Lol. I asked nicely, you came back with RUMOR, so yes I got snarky. Shew, having to explain yourself gets exhausting.

Regardless, the FULL rumor is that he was demoted to an alternate for reasons unknown, so he leaked the uniform picture. The two are connected, you just had a few details askew. I haven't heard anything aboit him getting kicked out yet though.

OK..fair enough.  Thank you for explaining.

edit: not sure what you consider condescension...but no need to respond

Edited by Liahona

9 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

I think the uniform (costume), as unique as it is, looks fine and clearly matches the theme. I mean, it is 2018 and costuming is more what the corps are going for than a basic uniform to enhance the character. I'm pretty old school, but I've joined the dark side and as long as it's more comfortable and easier to march and play in, then I'm cool with whatever fits the show concept the best. DCI is still behind WGI in totally off the cuff costumes, but it's just where the activity is going now. I'll just close my eyes and enjoy the music since the color I hear will be just fine!! 

"There is still good in you.  I can feel it."

Sorry, I watched the last 30 min of The Last Jedi last night.

I actually wish I could join you.  I still prefer the clean, sharp look of a more classic uniform, and that appears to be dying off.  I actually thought Crown 2017 uniform was cool.

I find the more costume driven designs distracting.  I don't get too worked up about it, just my preference.

Another thing I think of is that when I was younger, I always thought the members in the classic uniforms looked pretty cool, even when off the field.  Like when an individual MM would come up in the stands to watch the rest of the show with their family, or MMs interacting with the public at parades.  There was a certain pride in repping the corps by wearing the uniform.  It's hard for me to believe that I would have the same reaction in these types of costumes.

I would like to know what the current members think of this year's uniform.  Does Gen Z dig the more elaborate designs?  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, runyancm said:

I actually wish I could join you.  I still prefer the clean, sharp look of a more classic uniform, and that appears to be dying off.  I actually thought Crown 2017 uniform was cool.

I find the more costume driven designs distracting.  I don't get too worked up about it, just my preference.

Another thing I think of is that when I was younger, I always thought the members in the classic uniforms looked pretty cool, even when off the field.  Like when an individual MM would come up in the stands to watch the rest of the show with their family, or MMs interacting with the public at parades.  There was a certain pride in repping the corps by wearing the uniform.  It's hard for me to believe that I would have the same reaction in these types of costumes.

I would like to know what the current members think of this year's uniform.  Does Gen Z dig the more elaborate designs?  

After working with high schoolers, I can confirm that Gen Z prefers the more elaborate designs. Hence why they jumped ship from Crown to Bluecoats. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, runyancm said:

I agree with you. Gone are the days where corps were mainly identified by their uniform (SCV aussies, Phantom helmets, BD spats, Cadets maroon, etc..) and that was something we all loved about them. Talking with many of the younger kids today, they seem to love the new look each year. To be fair, many of them grow up in BOA type bands and WGI groups where they already do this same thing, so I think it's just become the norm and somewhat expected for this generations of young performers. I suppose VK sort of did this back in the day, but even they were identifiable but the VK baseball caps and red converse CT's!

• Like 1