Carolina Crown 2018

18 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Honestly, this feels like one of the lighter years so far in terms of criticisms aimed at Crown. Last year was way worse. Half of DCP had Crown written off by this point last year. 

and You are absolutely correct Sir!!!  LOL.....  you could hear laptops and phones being thrown around rooms all across DCP land last spring training!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I checked with Crown.  An email will be sent out to Crown Jewels participants (I.e.  donors) on Monday afternoon with a link to the video.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

And the flag pole goes through the handle and lifts four of them back to the mothership.Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

And the flag pole goes through the handle and lifts four of them back to the mothership.Image may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

They should mandate only multicolor reflection wraparound sunglasses when we do a run with headgear.  They'd look great with those.

Also, a finale move where the guard is all sabres and runs around flipping those hats off everyone by the strap arch would be awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lastly, you KNOW those reflective bits on the visor are gonna do something awesome with the lights at some point with the body movement Crown does.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Lastly, you KNOW those reflective bits on the visor are gonna do something awesome with the lights at some point with the body movement Crown does.

Yoooooooo that would be amazing!!

Also I've noticed that this spring Crown has really been getting public about everything, and likely gaining a lot of fans in the process. Think this would be to their benefit, or not?

• Like 2

I watched the full rehearsal tonight.  Those that dislike the hats, relax.  They were all wearing the hats tonight and from the stands they don't look unusual, they acutally look great.  The orange bobbin thing on top really pops, looks good against the green grass too.       

The show is cool, the music very technical, but I wouldn't call it "fun" as someone else stated.  There's one main prop and a lot of smaller props that sort of sit in the back, and don't seem to make much sense, they look like giant teeth or tusks.  The percussion sections seem to have a much larger role than in previous years, at least that's what it seemed like to me.  They sounded cleaner than last year at this time.  The brass sounded good as usual, but didn't seem to have the same power they've had before, but maybe it's because it was blazing hot earlier today and everyone was tired.  I know nothing about the guard so I can't comment, although they seemed to be having some difficulty. 

As far as the show goes, I don't get it.  Something to so with a beast, and there's lots of ominous beastly sounding music and sound effects, then it ends.  I probably need to see it a few more times to understand the concept.   The opener is awesome!  The closer is sort of strange, but not as strange as last year for sure.  I get the feeling something more will be added at the end, probably something beastly. 

I think most people will enjoy the show, but it doesn't seem like a winner, unless they make changes, which I'm sure they will.   

Edited by wigwam
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, wigwam said:

I watched the full rehearsal tonight.  Those that dislike the hats, relax.  They were all wearing the hats tonight and from the stands they don't look unusual, they acutally look great.  The orange bobbin thing on top really pops, looks good against the green grass too.       

The show is cool, the music very technical, but I wouldn't call it "fun" as someone else stated.  There's one main prop and a lot of smaller props that sort of sit in the back, and don't seem to make much sense, they look like giant teeth or tusks.  The percussion sections seem to have a much larger role than in previous years, at least that's what it seemed like to me.  They sounded cleaner than last year at this time.  The brass sounded good as usual, but didn't seem to have the same power they've had before, but maybe it's because it was blazing hot earlier today and everyone was tired.  I know nothing about the guard so I can't comment, although they seemed to be having some difficulty. 

As far as the show goes, I don't get it.  Something to so with a beast, and there's lots of ominous beastly sounding music and sound effects, then it ends.  I probably need to see it a few more times to understand the concept.   The opener is awesome!  The closer is sort of strange, but not as strange as last year for sure.  I get the feeling something more will be added at the end, probably something beastly. 

I think most people will enjoy the show, but it doesn't seem like a winner, unless they make changes, which I'm sure they will.   

I was under the impression that they didn't have the entire show on the field, that they still had the closer to add. Unless they added it in 2 days. Supposedly there's a whole movement after Blow It Up, Start Again.