Carolina Crown 2018

It really feels like they just wanted to play this and then added a theme, even though this isn't the best type of music to be playing for the sake of it, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

They just either throw so many notes at you or jam out. That's the type of show this looks like right now. Not a lot of cohesiveness but it does look like it could be performed spectacularly later on.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cube said:

They just either throw so many notes at you or jam out. That's the type of show this looks like right now. Not a lot of cohesiveness but it does look like it could be performed spectacularly later on.

I'd have to agree with that

Lots of dark sounding beastly music, then it ends.   

• Thanks 1

I am just stunned that after watching the show, the only thing that is commented on is the theme.  I watched the Cavilers, BD, Boston, Phantom, Cadets, and Crossmen preseasons shows also, and I'm clueless on their meaning.  I do recognize that the season hasn't officially started and I will learn about the meaning of each show in detail later on and  I hope to enjoy them all as the season progresses, just as I will with Crown.  They are all just playing music and moving around at this point to a show title, which is interpreted by each person differently. 

Can you please provide a commentary about the visual/drill, quality of the music you heard, the percussion section, the color guard, etc?  Anything else worthwhile?

Edited by B-Flat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Lots of potential, the preview show tonight is just the framework they will layer on top of all season 

right, I'm told they will add a lot at the end.   I'm thinking the beast will have a baby, and turn into a teddy bear, or something. 

9 minutes ago, wigwam said:

right, I'm told they will add a lot at the end.   I'm thinking the beast will have a baby, and turn into a teddy bear, or something. 

Yeah I am sure that is not the plan.