Carolina Crown 2018

Just watched it...YAAAAAAASSSSSSSS CROWN!!! My favorite already! Things to work out? Sure, but this show definitely feels special to me!

• Like 5

That intro was so captivating. The guard is going to be something special. I love their mellos. I think this show is going to grow into something memorable.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

That intro was so captivating. The guard is going to be something special. I love their mellos. I think this show is going to grow into something memorable.

Agreed. It remfinds me of 2013. I dobtw understand it, it's not well put together yet, but it's going to shape into something special. Will it win? Who knows! Is it something special, bet your...rear.

• Like 2

This is going to grow soooo much!! I actually love the headgear now seeing it in action! From the back it’s very alien/reptile like. That flag line was gettin it.

• Like 1

Wow, a lot to digest!

First off, the uniforms look amazing on the field. Even more colorful than I thought they'd be.

Visually it is so much better than last year! Less intrusive props that leave a huge mess. Staging is better too, which is really helping the guard show how much they've improved. 

Every year I can't fathom how Crown can keep improving in Percussion but wow... they did it again. Tasty tasty tasty. The most impressive thing so far imo. They'll hang with the big boys, because they are one of the big boys now.

Got a little work to do, huh brass? Yup, there will be no handing over Otts this season. It's still pretty darn good and the book is there. Just gotta let the Brass team do what they do best. 

As expected it's pretty bare bones, very much the same feeling watching Inferno whereas 16 and 17 were more complete products from the start. I think the potential lies with how much the kids get into the show, but boy I think this is gonna be a LOT of fun. 

... and there's no singer. :laughing:

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Like 1

Whoa, I totally did not realize that Crown was performing "Blow It Up, Start Again".

I've been hoping for a corps to do that piece since seeing the Dublin Coffman high school marching band play it in 2015. Nice!

(When Coffman played it in BOA prelims, someone on the Music for All forums complained that he didn't care for bands who played "rock and roll".)