Carolina Crown 2018

Alright, I’m on board with this growing into a potential championship show. I’m actually a little unsure where the confusion posts are coming from —- it’s a pretty clear cut show that doesn’t seem to be trying to tell a story. 

The Beatles ballad is gold and ripe for Crown musicality. Blow it up Start again is going to be one of the best musical movements of the season. The Bruckner at the beginning is heaven. Overall, I think it would be a bit ridiculous to say this design doesn’t have the makings of a possible championship.

• Like 8

I've heard comments of disappointment in how Crown plays Blow It Up Start Again.....that it sounds dirty, and is too simple...well...that's how it's suppose to sound...at least the dirty part. fits right in with the theme.. To me, that ballad makes me think of the 50's and 60's.

• Like 2

My like-cycle for Crown shows never starts off that great in June, but they almost always bring me around in the end.  I think this is much better start for them than last season and yeah... the percussion hype seems to be legit.  I don't think it gets them a Sanford, but honestly, I found myself watching and listening to them more than the brass or guard (and they are both doing some work).  That's never been the case with Crown.  Ballad seems out of place to me, but I'm sure that will get massaged as the season progresses.  I want about 12 more minutes of that closer.  Way too short.

Hope to get to see this one live.  No false advertising in this show title.

• Like 5

Some June kinks, but yeah; so far my favorite bare-bones start from them in years. Guard work is fast and actually noticeable this year, percussion is savage, and most of all I can really see Sacktig's stamp on things more this time around.

• Like 2

After watching several times this morning I think Crown will be just fine. I get the concerns with the ballad but I don’t feel like they’re just throwing a bunch of notes at me as some posters have stated. It’ll probably be another top 4 show and if everything falls into place, it’ll medal. Then again, there’s no possible way to know that for sure since most of us don’t know what the other “usual suspects” are up to this year. Either way, it should be a fun year.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

#### I missed it. 

They usually leave the preview day vids up, or so I thought. I’m sure another one will pop up at some point today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

They usually leave the preview day vids up, or so I thought. I’m sure another one will pop up at some point today. 

I saw a 1 minute clip of their playing some kind of lick in a parking lot.....the attack on the following chord almost made me pass out.

• Like 3