Carolina Crown 2018

Other than for a few moments here and there, the preview didn't really excite me as much as some other leaked corps shows. I won't list why, it's still June. I'm sure it'll become one of my favorites in due time like they've done in the past.

• Like 1

The guard is definitely back to what they were pre 2017.  Wow - I'm glad last year was a one off.  This show will be amazing and I'm super happy to see "Crown Guard" back to form !!!!

Later,

Mike

• Like 2

I see my link was removed.... Apologies if posting it was against rules.... 

3 hours ago, c.l. said:

Some June kinks, but yeah; so far my favorite bare-bones start from them in years. Guard work is fast and actually noticeable this year, percussion is savage, and most of all I can really see Sacktig's stamp on things more this time around.

10 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

That was YouTube taking it down

No, I posted a google drive link to the preview that is still working.... it's not the one that was on YouTube and taken down this morning.  But Oh well, I still have it and it's still viewable.

So I watched the clip a couple of times prior to its removal and had the following observations:

1. Brass - I believe the horn-line is in good shape and playing a very difficult book.  I would rate what I heard as good for June 17th.  Prospectively, I look forward to the cleaning that the Harloff's will do which should straighten out any rough areas. Overall I think this group is solid and will land in the top 3.

2. Percussion - The battery is killer and by far the best line Crown has fielded in recent years.  Obviously its early and I have no clue how they will score, but I could easily see them top 3 come finals.  They are very impressive and honestly killing it as of June 17th.  Overall I think this group is solid and will land in the top 3.

3. Guard - This group wins the most improved award of the corps (year over year), as they have a lot of demand and are executing their book pretty good.  It really felt like the quality guard Crown is use too is back, of which will have a significant impact on overall scoring for the corps as the season progresses.  I did see several rifle drops / dirt in general, but all I can say is job well done.  They brought a lot of energy to the show.  Overall I think this group is solid and will land in the top 3.

4. Overall - I think this is one of the stronger pre-season shows that Crown has produced since 2013.  I look forward to the ending being added and all of the other layers/changes that will be added as the season continues.  I also thought the visual package (drill and body) was pretty well done, as Jeff Sacktig is doing an excellent job for Crown.  To me, Crown's drill/visual is on the rise.  Overall I believe this show will be top 3 and I am with the other person who stated I could use another 12 minutes of that closer as that was fun/exciting.

I wish them the best of luck this season and on Thursday.  

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, bvgordy said:

No, I posted a google drive link to the preview that is still working.... it's not the one that was on YouTube and taken down this morning.  But Oh well, I still have it and it's still viewable.

Glad I grabbed the link :)

• Like 1