Carolina Crown 2018

27 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

This appears to be the Crown Tour shirt. I WANT ONE!!!

W3Yolwm.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

There is also a gray one that I bought at the preview. Has an eyeball on the front and schedule on the back. 

• Like 2

To any Crown newbies on this thread:  Any similarity of the Preview or Premiere shows to what you see at Finals is purely coincidental. 

• Like 1

So I never love a show in June, but I am pretty excited about the potential here.  Hard not to be after the rockin' closer.  

A few quick observations

• That appears to be an exciting and hard working color guard.  Very excited about that.
    • I will be worried about the members on, and under, the rocking platform all season
  • I anticipate Emperor Joseph II to make several appearances on this thread.  
    • They won't be wrong, I just don't care that much as long as it's played cleanly.
  • I fully expect the ballad to grow on me over the season and with live viewing.  
    • If not, there are plenty of other cool things going on.

Gonna be a fun year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FTNK said:

Saw a video. Legit contenders

Agree. There is a lot to work with and more coming. Can't wait to see it with the last movement and also to see how the "bones" are incorporated into the show. I would be surprised if they just sit to the back and the side all season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

To any Crown newbies on this thread:  Any similarity of the Preview or Premiere shows to what you see at Finals is purely coincidental. 

Good point. Its a good reminder for all Drum Corps fans that'll be in attendance that what they see and hear in first week of shows from these Corps will be the bones of these Corps shows alone.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Good point. Its a good reminder for all Drum Corps fans that'll be in attendance that what they see and hear in first week of shows from these Corps will be the bones of these Corps shows alone.

Which is why I am excited to see how Crown has grown it's show by the time I see them at DCI Atlanta!!!!  It's pretty much fine-tuned by then...

Edited by bvgordy
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

There is also a gray one that I bought at the preview. Has an eyeball on the front and schedule on the back. 

I'm sad that I don't see any of this merch on their website 

:cry::mat:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ashevillemurphy said:

I know it's early - but it sure seems like a waste to let that "rocking beast" just sit there through most of the entire show...

In a way I was glad they didn’t use it more. I felt like that’s all I looked at when it was in use, Causing me to miss everything else that was happening on the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

In a way I was glad they didn’t use it more. I felt like that’s all I looked at when it was in use, Causing me to miss everything else that was happening on the field.

Similar thoughts by others during the trampoline and frisbee year.

• Like 1