Carolina Crown 2018

3 hours ago, Precious Roy said:

I may have seen that for sale at Kings Island.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean, The Beast...

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Good luck to the Crownies and the first show.  How will the Beast do in Detroit among the lions and tigers?

Oh My!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can't help but notice that the battery started with 5 tenors (In the Vic Firth video) and in the recent video that I saw of them warming up before the preview show, there are only 4 tenors. Does anyone know what happened to the other tenor player?

4 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

I can't help but notice that the battery started with 5 tenors (In the Vic Firth video) and in the recent video that I saw of them warming up before the preview show, there are only 4 tenors. Does anyone know what happened to the other tenor player?

Injury.

12 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Injury.

Did the Beast get him?

I hope he is improving quickly and doing ok.

It must be super unsettling to make it through the winter camps and ST only to have to step back just as the fruits of all that labor is about to blossom for the first contest.  He's evidently got much talent if he made Crown's line this year. I'm sure many will join me in affirmation of his efforts and wishing him only the best.

23 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Did the Beast get him?

I hope he is improving quickly and doing ok.

It must be super unsettling to make it through the winter camps and ST only to have to step back just as the fruits of all that labor is about to blossom for the first contest.  He's evidently got much talent if he made Crown's line this year. I'm sure many will join me in affirmation of his efforts and wishing him only the best.

I wish the young man the best as well. If what I'm hearing is correct he may be done for the season.  

• Sad 2

I brought 6 students to tonight's rehearsal. Three of them had never witnessed live corps. First hit, one of them literally cried. 

Audience is a little chatty at times but what a beautiful evening to hear a great corps.

• Like 9