Carolina Crown 2018

15 minutes ago, 32RH said:

I really just couldn’t get into the show this year 

Haven't had a chance to see it but for the record I couldn't get into relentless and everyone else seemed to love it.  

Inferno, however did grab me at the tour premier.

• Like 1

They were really good, but they seemed a bit off tonight. Opening night jitters maybe. I imagine once they clean it and add the back end of the show...who knows. It's a much more fan friendly show than last year for sure. 

First show in the books and it was a good one! I don't care what the scores show because all sections mean business this year. I can't wait to see what gets done to this show over the next 7 weeks because a lot more will be coming for sure.

The final standings don't really matter to me. It all comes down to finals night and if this group will be proud of all the work they have done to get to that moment and of having put this show on the field all summer. After night one, this group (and the other groups tonight) are well on their way to having a summer to remember. 

• Like 3

The sound was horrible in the theater I went to, the volume was turned down and everyone seemed weak. 

Enjoyed Crown's show, but the Ballad seems to be missing something.  I'm not sure what it needs, it seemed sort of empty, hope they can change that around a bit. 

Looking forward to the new ending too. 

On 6/21/2018 at 5:48 AM, DasTuba said:

I love hearing about moments like this. As someone else said, music is a powerful thing, it's truly amazing. And I agree that in DCI nobody does a better job than crown brass. Those kids are so talented and Matt Harloff and the rest of the staff do an incredible job in teaching and developing that talent.

One of the students that watched the rehearsal got to shake Matt Harloff's hand after the show last night. Student was thrilled to meet him.

• Like 2

Isn't there a small bit more to be added on to the end of the show? I didn't hear any of "Epiphanies" last night in the theater. The ending seems so abrupt, but I also see where the show is still already at eleven minutes. Anyone have any intel on their closer?

1 minute ago, LongTones said:

Isn't there a small bit more to be added on to the end of the show? I didn't hear any of "Epiphanies" last night in the theater. The ending seems so abrupt, but I also see where the show is still already at eleven minutes. Anyone have any intel on their closer?

You would be right. They have another 1-1.5 min of show to finish up. The weather during spring training put things a few days behind schedule but it'll be performed very soon.

• Thanks 1