Carolina Crown 2018

On 6/29/2018 at 11:31 PM, karuna said:

Keep it up Crown.  Lots of snowflakes being squashed by the Beast!  Go to the show thread and hear them melting.

Just because people are critical of a corps you follow, doesn’t make them “snowflakes” unless you changed the meaning of the word.  Such a weird comment.  

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Den8uml said:

Just because people are critical of a corps you follow, doesn’t make them “snowflakes” unless you changed the meaning of the word.  

Some of them are snowflakes though. Meaning, they can't handle the things being said about their own corps that they're saying about Crown. It's a pot, meet kettle situation. Lol. It happens year in and year out, and a difference person each year decides they can't take it anymore and snap. Honestly, can't say I blame them.

I have a feeling this is going to be another Inferno year, where everyone counts Crown out at the beginning, but will love them come the end of the season and will be contending for the title. They haven't even started to layer yet and people are counting them out completely. Just a funny observation in my opinion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I have a feeling this is going to be another Inferno year, where everyone counts Crown out at the beginning, but will love them come the end of the season and will be contending for the title. They haven't even started to layer yet and people are counting them out completely. Just a funny observation in my opinion.

I think San Antonio was the turning point in 2015. It's very possible. Their brass is tops, and for once, their percussion is in the top three so far...I wouldn't count them out at all

2 hours ago, msumello said:

I think San Antonio was the turning point in 2015. It's very possible. Their brass is tops, and for once, their percussion is in the top three so far...I wouldn't count them out at all

San Antonio was the turning point, but I think Atlanta is what won everyone over if I remember correctly. People may not like their show, but to count them out is crazy.

Another observation I have made is that everyone is on the Bloo train, much like last year. Yet, this time last year, Crown was losing to Bloo, and that did not change until the second or third week of July. Give the design team time to flush this show out and I guarantee that this will be a show that people will remember for a while. Like its been said, they haven't even started layering this thing yet, and they are still only .6 behind in GE. Get the visual scores up, and Crown will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt.

One more thing: Most people who are skeptical about Crown's show this year have not seen it live. It is a whole different animal (no pun intended) when you see it in person.

Edited by TigerBaritone19
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Another observation I have made is that everyone is on the Bloo train, much like last year. Yet, this time last year, Crown was losing to Bloo, and that did not change until the second or third week of July. Give the design team time to flush this show out and I guarantee that this will be a show that people will remember for a while. Like its been said, they haven't even started layering this thing yet, and they are still only .6 behind in GE. Get the visual scores up, and Crown will be a force to be reckoned with no doubt.

One more thing: Most people who are skeptical about Crown's show this year have not seen it live. It is a whole different animal (no pun intended) when you see it in person.

I really enjoyed watching Crown on Flo this past weekend.  The show made more strides than most groups the previous week.  For me, there are still some issues with pacing and design but I was impressed with what I saw and heard.  Crown is not always my cup of tea but you can't deny the talent they have.  Their Beatles ballad is the one I'm humming after this weekend if it's any gauge for how this show appeals to me.  Anyone would be foolish to count them out of contention.  I think this will be memorable show by Nats Week.  Great team and great kids full of talent.  

• Like 1

If they could place top 3 last year with a completely out of left field design, they can do it this year with a much more cohesive design (regardless of what people want to say about it). Sure it's not cohesive yet. Name one Crown production since 2013 that has been in the first couple of weeks. Lol. You'd think people would realize that they end up eating their words year after year about this corps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

If they could place top 3 last year with a completely out of left field design, they can do it this year with a much more cohesive design (regardless of what people want to say about it). Sure it's not cohesive yet. Name one Crown production since 2013 that has been in the first couple of weeks. Lol. You'd think people would realize that they end up eating their words year after year about this corps.

It seems that everyone wants every Crown show since 2015 to be at the level that Inferno was at Finals. That is not going to happen, because that show was so unique and amazing, but this show has the ability to be just like it. The design team knows what they are doing, and as much as I love this show now, I can't to see it at Atlanta later this month and at Finals in August.

21 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Next?