Carolina Crown 2018

33 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Next?

2016 wasn't cohesive at first. People were complaining because they couldn't find the storyline, that the storyline was too choppy, etc. That to me says that it wasn't cohesive to the general public.

48 minutes ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

It seems that everyone wants every Crown show since 2015 to be at the level that Inferno was at Finals. That is not going to happen, because that show was so unique and amazing, but this show has the ability to be just like it. The design team knows what they are doing, and as much as I love this show now, I can't to see it at Atlanta later this month and at Finals in August.

I wouldn't say Inferno at finals. They did have a few issues at finals. Semifinals would be more like it. Lol.

Just now, Incognito365 said:

I wouldn't say Inferno at finals. They did have a few issues at finals. Semifinals would be more like it. Lol.

Fair enough lol. My point was that people loved what Inferno became and that is the standard for Crown now, and it isn't fair for them to be held to that seeing as how that was three years ago, and this is a totally different corps now. I do agree that semis was their best run of Inferno, but the electricity in Lucas Oil on Finals night was something I will never forget. Quite possibly my favorite moment.

• Like 1

Just now, TigerBaritone19 said:

Fair enough lol. My point was that people loved what Inferno became and that is the standard for Crown now, and it isn't fair for them to be held to that seeing as how that was three years ago, and this is a totally different corps now. I do agree that semis was their best run of Inferno, but the electricity in Lucas Oil on Finals night was something I will never forget. Quite possibly my favorite moment.

I think they're holding up the standard for Inferno, based on what Inferno looked and sounded like early season...with the exception of the guard. I think they'll come along in time.

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

I think they're holding up the standard for Inferno, based on what Inferno looked and sounded like early season...with the exception of the guard. I think they'll come along in time.

I agree. I have very high hopes for this year and the years to come. This design team seems to work very well together and will continue to put out medal worthy shows, but I just wish that people would give them a chance to grow through the season as they are known to do. Bloo is known for coming out hot, but Crown is a slow burn. That "stand up before they are done playing" ending will come.

Just now, TigerBaritone19 said:

I agree. I have very high hopes for this year and the years to come. This design team seems to work very well together and will continue to put out medal worthy shows, but I just wish that people would give them a chance to grow through the season as they are known to do. Bloo is known for coming out hot, but Crown is a slow burn. That "stand up before they are done playing" ending will come.

It seems that they also do this. I'm about to the point where I'm going to sit back and watch them eat crow. Lol. As for the "stand up before they are done playing" ending, it always happens. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

@Jim Schehr I think it was you who indicated you didn't understand Crown's show. I don't know if this Flo video will help or not -- it's still kinda generic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

@Jim Schehr I think it was you who indicated you didn't understand Crown's show. I don't know if this Flo video will help or not -- it's still kinda generic. 

Sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding but I still don’t get it. Entirely too long of an explanation, and I came away with the design staff is still trying to figure out what the Beast is. 

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding but I still don’t get it. Entirely too long of an explanation, and I came away with the design staff is still trying to figure out what the Beast is. 

It may just be one of those shows that is whatever you want it to be. :-)

• Thanks 1