Carolina Crown 2018

5 hours ago, TigerBaritone19 said:

Fair enough lol. My point was that people loved what Inferno became and that is the standard for Crown now, and it isn't fair for them to be held to that seeing as how that was three years ago, and this is a totally different corps now. I do agree that semis was their best run of Inferno, but the electricity in Lucas Oil on Finals night was something I will never forget. Quite possibly my favorite moment.

They had a ton of electricity in 2012 too so pristine and beautiful.

I was in Massillon for Inferno and they  brought the house down. The brass and  visuals were unreal...but ugh the percussion.

From what I have seen I really like the beast and it's the front-runner for 2018 so far for me. I love that it's pretty raw and just plain old great music and visuals with little frills...with improved percussion...but the hornline, while fantastic, doesn't seem invincible this year (I am aware the Cadets got the Jim Ott in 2015...which I don't understand... nothing against the Cadets but OMG crown brass)

Edited by ThePlanets

56 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I was in Massillon for Inferno and they  brought the house down. The brass and  visuals were unreal...but ugh the percussion.

From what I have seen I really like the beast and it's the front-runner for 2018 so far for me. I love that it's pretty raw and just plain old great music and visuals with little frills...with improved percussion...but the hornline, while fantastic, doesn't seem invincible this year (I am aware the Cadets got the Jim Ott in 2015...which I don't understand... nothing against the Cadets but OMG crown brass)

You can find a YouTube video of the brass judge from finals to clear up any confusion :wink: I do love Crown brass, but 2015 Cadets definitely earned it. Their technicality across large intervals on the field and dynamic control really set them apart.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

It may just be one of those shows that is whatever you want it to be. :-)

I think that seems to be almost every modern DCI show :laughing:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Did you see Cadets live that year? That book of theirs was wild. Musicality was off the charts

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Did you see Cadets live that year? That book of theirs was wild. Musicality was off the charts

All while flying around the field at breakneck speed. That show was a locomotive. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Yes. In Massillon. And they were on their A game for the most part. I wasn't trying to knock the Cadets...they gave a great class A performance  with a killer brass book (and they always do). I should have left the Cadets out of the point I was trying to make. 

Edited by ThePlanets

11 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

It may just be one of those shows that is whatever you want it to be. :-)

I honestly believe he's not even atttempting tohe understand it, but it is what it is.

• Haha 1

So, after last night's show iis honestly believe catching up to Bluecoats is entirely possible! Nipping at their heels in GE, Winning Brass and Percussion...they just need to clean up visually and start layering.

Edited by Incognito365

15 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

So, after last night's show iis honestly believe catching up to Bluecoats is entirely possible! Nipping at their heels in GE, Winning Brass and Percussion...they just need to clean up visually and start layering.

Bluecoats       Crown    Margin 
6/21/2018        70.300          70.000    0.300
6/23/2018        71.600          70.600    1.000
6/25/2018        74.200          73.350    0.850
7/1/2018          79.050          77.950    1.100
7/2/2018          80.400          78.950    1.450

I'd guess that the Bluecoats might be doing the cleaning and layering things as well. 

Some were saying wait until Crown puts in the ending.  They did. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking at the numbers, based on current scoring trajectory (which downplays any possible X coast inflation) it looks like Crown has a good chance of passing BD. Bloo and SCV are pulling away from the pack a bit and BAC is coming on strong. It's weird slotting BD in 4th, but that's what I'm seeing in the numbers to date. Very interesting season competitively so far and I expect more surprises are coming soon!

• Like 2