Carolina Crown 2018

16 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

Looking at the numbers, based on current scoring trajectory (which downplays any possible X coast inflation) it looks like Crown has a good chance of passing BD. Bloo and SCV are pulling away from the pack a bit and BAC is coming on strong. It's weird slotting BD in 4th, but that's what I'm seeing in the numbers to date. Very interesting season competitively so far and I expect more surprises are coming soon!

BD is also good at "playing to the sheets" as they see where they need to improve.  I'd always have my eyes on them.

7 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

BD is also good at "playing to the sheets" as they see where they need to improve.  I'd always have my eyes on them.

Agreed. No one's ranking is completely safe if BD is behind you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3PoC said:

Looking at the numbers, based on current scoring trajectory (which downplays any possible X coast inflation) it looks like Crown has a good chance of passing BD. Bloo and SCV are pulling away from the pack a bit and BAC is coming on strong. It's weird slotting BD in 4th, but that's what I'm seeing in the numbers to date. Very interesting season competitively so far and I expect more surprises are coming soon!

I'm sure BD fans would disagree, but I think a year where BD places less than 3rd would be very good for the competitive nature of DCI and improve the overall product. IMHO, it takes away a tiny bit of enjoyment when going in every year it's "Does BD win again this year or does a corp put together a near-perfect show to eek them out?".

It is a true testament to BD's greatness, to be sure. 

I really hope I’m wrong but it’s starting to look like 6th place is a very real possibility for Crown if Cavies and BAC continue to trend upwards and Crown stalls. I would hate for my first trip to Indy for finals to be ruined by Crown getting its lowest placement in over a decade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I really hope I’m wrong but it’s starting to look like 6th place is a very real possibility for Crown if Cavies and BAC continue to trend upwards and Crown stalls. I would hate for my first trip to Indy for finals to be ruined by Crown getting its lowest placement in over a decade.

I don't think you have to worry about that. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Bluecoats       Crown    Margin 
6/21/2018        70.300          70.000    0.300
6/23/2018        71.600          70.600    1.000
6/25/2018        74.200          73.350    0.850
7/1/2018          79.050          77.950    1.100
7/2/2018          80.400          78.950    1.450

I'd guess that the Bluecoats might be doing the cleaning and layering things as well. 

Some were saying wait until Crown puts in the ending.  They did. 

They have several shows together from now until St. Louis. The next 11 days will really determine how Crown and Bloo will fair the rest of the way. St. Louis will introduce BD into the mix with the only top tier corps missing being SCV. 

7 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Bluecoats       Crown    Margin 
6/21/2018        70.300          70.000    0.300
6/23/2018        71.600          70.600    1.000
6/25/2018        74.200          73.350    0.850
7/1/2018          79.050          77.950    1.100
7/2/2018          80.400          78.950    1.450

I'd guess that the Bluecoats might be doing the cleaning and layering things as well. 

Some were saying wait until Crown puts in the ending.  They did. 

And I would also say you have to take last nights score with a grain of salt since a judge was missing. That alone created havoc in the visual scores.

6 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

And I would also say you have to take last nights score with a grain of salt since a judge was missing. That alone created havoc in the visual scores.

I believe that it was you that first pointed out how last nights scores showed how CC was gaining on Bloo.  But fine, we'll look at tonight as well.  Good Luck and Good Runs to all the Corps tonight.