Carolina Crown 2018

Not bad tonight Crown...looks like the brass had an off night though. Glad to see they outscored Boston in GE. 

4 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

They had a less than stellar run which couldn't keep up with a very strong Blue Devils, but still turned a 5th place show into a gold contender and placed 2nd in a very competitive year. No need to be a sore winner Brian.

they are the HRC of drum corps. just when you think their fans will stop they come out with the umpteenth what happened book tour. They got beat by the better corps. Had BD come in 4th they would have come back on fire the next year instead of endless endless blame everyone else but them self. When you post stuff like that expect to get burned. Why do you never hear anyone defending Yowza? hmmmm 

9 minutes ago, flammaster said:

they are the HRC of drum corps. just when you think their fans will stop they come out with the umpteenth what happened book tour. They got beat by the better corps. Had BD come in 4th they would have come back on fire the next year instead of endless endless blame everyone else but them self. When you post stuff like that expect to get burned. Why do you never hear anyone defending Yowza? hmmmm 

Every corps has fans that play the blame game. And I agree that BD was the better corps considering they had no weaknesses that year. Not sure why that makes you despise Crown so much.

4 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Every corps has fans that play the blame game. And I agree that BD was the better corps considering they had no weaknesses that year. Not sure why that makes you despise Crown so much.

I'm not going to waste my time with you. Earn your stripes. 

2 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I'm not going to waste my time with you. Earn your stripes. 

Have a nice day :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, msumello said:

Not bad tonight Crown...looks like the brass had an off night though. Glad to see they outscored Boston in GE. 

Once Crown starts cleaning I think they'll climb quick. They're considerably dirtier than Boston, but continue to outscore them by a hair. Once they clean and get consistent, this show will be hard to beat.

22 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Once Crown starts cleaning I think they'll climb quick. They're considerably dirtier than Boston, but continue to outscore them by a hair. Once they clean and get consistent, this show will be hard to beat.

Always funny that when Crown loses brass, they MUST have had an off night.. Or maybe there are other lines as good, or BETTER than them this season? Let’s give credit where it’s due, they aren’t the only great hornline in DCI after all. Heard BLOO and SCV lately??  I love me some Crown, but I expect a lot of brass caption flipping is going to happen the rest of the season. Not sure this show can pull into the top 3 as strong as SCV, BLOO and BD are already and NONE of them are clean yet. 

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

Always funny that when Crown loses brass, they MUST have had an off night.. Or maybe there are other lines as good, or even possibly, BETTER than them this season? Let’s give credit where it’s due, they aren’t the only great hornline in DCI after all. Heard BLOO and SCV lately??  I love me some Crown, but I don’t think this show is top 3 this season, no matter how clean they get. 

Klesch's arranging style is very transparent.  It's easy to hear errors but #### it's impressive when it's all clean.  I've always thought Bloo's brass gets overlooked by many.  Along with BD IMO the 3 best lines in DCI year after year.  As for SCV, I haven't heard them live yet.  Last year the small ensemble was #### good.  The rest of the line -- who could tell?  

As for 2018 -- let's just wait and see.  Lots of work for everyone left to do. 

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1