Carolina Crown 2018

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Why do posters make these comments?  Are they assuming other corps have stopped "cleaning", "layering", etc.  Are the staffs of these corps satisfied with their off season creations and have turned over to the techs the sections for the rest of the year?

And why do people always have to question everything they see a Crown fan post? Don't see us going and posting these kind of remarks in other corps thread do you? Lol.

My point being, it seems Crown has yet to start cleaning or layering, and once they do this show will be unstoppable. That is MY OPINION, if you don't like it ignore my posts. As long as I don't get banned over something futile, I will continue to post my opinions on an opinion board in a thread about my favorite corps.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

And why do people always have to question everything they see a Crown fan post? Don't see us going and posting these kind of remarks in other corps thread do you? Lol.

Exactly what I was thinking, but didn't bother posting. lol

Edited by msumello
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, msumello said:

Exactly what I was thinking, but didn't bother posting. lol

It's starting to get ridiculous. Every time I say something positive about the show someone comes along and demeans my opinion. We get it, you don't like the show, move on please. It gets tiring reading the same trolling crap every time I want to post something positive about a group of kids who are honestly getting short strawed in a community that is supposed to be open and inviting. I don't even recognize the fans of drum corps anymore.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Why do posters make these comments?  Are they assuming other corps have stopped "cleaning", "layering", etc.  Are the staffs of these corps satisfied with their off season creations and have turned over to the techs the sections for the rest of the year?

A post that might be made in every 2018 corps thread on DCP I365. 

4 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

And why do people always have to question everything they see a Crown fan post? Don't see us going and posting these kind of remarks in other corps thread do you? Lol.  My point being, it seems Crown has yet to start cleaning or layering, and once they do this show will be unstoppable. That is MY OPINION, if you don't like it ignore my posts. As long as I don't get banned over something futile, I will continue to post my opinions on an opinion board in a thread about my favorite corps.

"Always have to question everything" read on the CC threads is false.  And every post I type is "MY OPINION" and if you don't like it, ignore them.  Practice what you preach sir.

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

It's starting to get ridiculous. Every time I say something positive about the show someone comes along and demeans my opinion. We get it, you don't like the show, move on please. It gets tiring reading the same trolling crap every time I want to post something positive about a group of kids who are honestly getting short strawed in a community that is supposed to be open and inviting. I don't even recognize the fans of drum corps anymore.

Nowhere on DCP have I typed this year that I don't like any corps show, and please provide us some proof that the mm of CC are "honestly getting short strawed".

• Like 2

No opinion here just a question what is the purpose of the Vanilla Hersey Kisses props? I assume they will be worked more into the show going forward. I like the show for the tremendous talent but the uniforms, costumes or the more trendy term attire makes them look more like bugs than beasts. However the stripe and tail in the back should be aiding GE like Boston's stripe in the front did last year. Maybe this is somewhat of an opinion but overall this is a great show.

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

No opinion here just a question what is the purpose of the Vanilla Hersey Kisses props? I assume they will be worked more into the show going forward. I like the show for the tremendous talent but the uniforms, costumes or the more trendy term attire makes them look more like bugs than beasts. However the stripe and tail in the back should be aiding GE like Boston's stripe in the front did last year. Maybe this is somewhat of an opinion but overall this is a great show.

That's a new interpretation of the white things.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

You are a hypocrite with a very short memory. Remember a few months ago when you criticized me because I said the Cadets had a very good percussion section? Poor Crown fan...you should experience what it is like to be a Cadets fan!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, dans said:

You are a hypocrite with a very short memory. Remember a few months ago when you criticized me because I said the Cadets had a very good percussion section? Poor Crown fan...you should experience what it is like to be a Cadets fan!

Well..except not in this case.

I : Crown is still dirty.  They have a lot to clean and add.

G: Why do you say such things?  Everyone's dirty -- there's nothing special about Crown.

I:  Huh?

Incognito did not say "Crown has far more to add" or "Crown is way dirtier".  He was just pointing out that there's a lot of room for improvement.  It was a simple bit of hype. "Yeah we lost to Bloo  but we deserved to lose because we're still dirty". 

He's right in this case.  That comment from Ghost is just argumentum ad nauseam .  There was no reason to post it.  But if you constantly argue every post someone makes,  it wears them down.  Well known tactic being employed by G and several other posters here.  It doesnt violate DCP rules but it's essentially bullying.  Argue every fact no matter how ridiculous and eventually your opponent shuts up.  

Anyway back to lurking...

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, karuna said:

Well..except not in this case.

I : Crown is still dirty.  They have a lot to clean and add.

G: Why do you say such things?  Everyone's dirty -- there's nothing special about Crown.

I:  Huh?

Incognito did not say "Crown has far more to add" or "Crown is way dirtier".  He was just pointing out that there's a lot of room for improvement.  It was a simple bit of hype. "Yeah we lost to Bloo  but we deserved to lose because we're still dirty". 

He's right in this case.  That comment from Ghost is just argumentum ad nauseam .  There was no reason to post it.  But if you constantly argue every post someone makes,  it wears them down.  Well known tactic being employed by G and several other posters here.  It doesnt violate DCP rules but it's essentially bullying.  Argue every fact no matter how ridiculous and eventually your opponent shuts up.  

Anyway back to lurking...

What are you talking about? Are you responding to me or someone else?