Carolina Crown 2018

6 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

I thought it was worse in 2014 IMO.

That year's brass book was INSANE.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

6 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

I thought it was worse in 2014 IMO.

2014...that show still irks me. Had the design team not went into overload...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

That year's brass book was INSANE.

So insane that they had to water it down (the closer comes to mind). The design team did the corps a disservice that year,  they had the talent to be a championship level corps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

So insane that they had to water it down (the closer comes to mind). The design team did the corps a disservice that year,  they had the talent to be a championship level corps. 

They watered down my favorite part in the closer too :sad: Also I doubt even a killer design would have been enough to touch Blue Devils. 

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

They watered down my favorite part in the closer too :sad: Also I doubt even a killer design would have been enough to touch Blue Devils. 

Must concur. As much as I live/die for Crown season in and out, I’ve listened and/or watched “Felliniesque” more than a few times over the last four years, and it was a pretty epic production.

38 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Must concur. As much as I live/die for Crown season in and out, I’ve listened and/or watched “Felliniesque” more than a few times over the last four years, and it was a pretty epic production.

Pretty sure I'm the only person who isntis ais fan of that showis. Very few Blue Devils shows have won me over. '92, '97, and '06. Sadly, none of their championship shows. Lol.

Truth be told, BD’s ‘89 is my all time fave, Devil’s offering.

Even with that poor soprano gacking the solo in finals.

Even after hearing it “correctly” in the semi’s run, the frack in finals is always how I hear it in my head.

10 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Pretty sure I'm the only person who isntis ais fan of that showis. Very few Blue Devils shows have won me over. '92, '97, and '06. Sadly, none of their championship shows. Lol.

No you're not the only one, after the opening trumpet fanfare I honestly found it boring just like I do most of their shows. It was as close to a perfect performance as it gets in drum corps and kudos to those kids, just not my taste unfortunately. I wish I enjoyed them more honestly because those kids perform so darn well year in and year out :(

Edited by DasTuba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brass Lover said:

This is what I always what I told myself that year.  While I enjoyed OOTW very much, I recognized that it's design was not championship material, and if there was a time to have an off year design-wise, it was 2014 given what BD was bringing both in design and performance.  Loved that show, too.

Also, I don't recall what they watered down in the brass book.  I'll have to see if I can find some old videos.