Carolina Crown 2018

43 minutes ago, runyancm said:

This is what I always what I told myself that year.  While I enjoyed OOTW very much, I recognized that it's design was not championship material, and if there was a time to have an off year design-wise, it was 2014 given what BD was bringing both in design and performance.  Loved that show, too.

Also, I don't recall what they watered down in the brass book.  I'll have to see if I can find some old videos.

See if you can find the preview show. Closer is completely different.

• Like 1

I completely forgot how much 2014 had changed from beginning to end! For the better too, though I wonder if they removed the majority of the synth part or if you just can't hear it on the finals dvd.. Now I feel like I need to go back and watch all previous preview shows. Lol.

Also, man was that field dusty by the time they finished. Lol.

I still wish they hadn't watered down the closer in 2014. It was one of my favorite musical moments of the year before they watered it down. But my absolute favorite was all of the low brass picking up trumpets! Man that was really something! 2nd favorite was the opening trumpet fanfare from BD.

• Like 1

Know we’re all Crown faithful here, but having digressed to some high points of 2014, how about Bloos “Tilt?” I was was always fond of OOTW for the emotional impact of the ride, as it were.

But “Tilt” was something else all together, and I found it to be the most entertaining of that season.

The closer alone  has got to be in the pantheon of  most memorable finishes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Now that you brought it up. ...  Several Corps this year are doing "trust falls".  But never like the closer to T/LT.

Coming back to 2018... after seeing all the corps shows this year the most musically demanding performance has to be Crown's 2nd Movement (Build a Pyre et al). The musical, physical and spacial demand of this section of the show (brass and percussion) is well above anything else this year. While they still have a lot of work to do (cleaning/editing/layering) the fact that both brass and percussion are best in class and the top 4/5 are grouped so tightly right now I believe Crown will not only medal but be a threat to take it all. Regardless... it is going to be one heck of a season from now to finals!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Now that you brought it up. ...  Several Corps this year are doing "trust falls".  But never like the closer to T/LT.

Well played with T/LT. Mea culpa for my misspelling!

5 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Know we’re all Crown faithful here, but having digressed to some high points of 2014, how about Bloos “Tilt?” I was was always fond of OOTW for the emotional impact of the ride, as it were.

But “Tilt” was something else all together, and I found it to be the most entertaining of that season.

Tilt was good then, but you can only hear so many local high schools attempting it before you have to say enough is enough. Lol. Now the rage is Psychopomp...

Edited by Incognito365
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Tilt was good then, but you can only hear so many local high schools attempting it before you have to say enough is enough. Lol. Now the rage is Psychopomp...

Lol similar thing happened with Grass is Always Greener 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Lol similar thing happened with Grass is Always Greener 

Not in my area, thank God. I cant have someone ruining Crown for me. Lmao.