Carolina Crown 2018

Crown is my favorite corp, but I do have some problems with this show:

1. I don't hate props. But, I hate when props are just rolled out on the field. Those "teeth/tusk" things could be statues, lollipops, or windmills and they would all about equally add to the show.

2. The ballad does seem a bit out of place.

Some here mentioned 2014 was slow out of the gate. I disagree. When I listened to all the shows at the beginning of the 2014 season, Inferno immediately grabbed me. The show had a coherent theme and signposts, with gorgeous music. I have no doubt the current show will fix and polish, and they will excel in areas., but I'm not sure 2014 is a valid comparison.

2 minutes ago, lanceengland said:

Some here mentioned 2014 was slow out of the gate. I disagree. When I listened to all the shows at the beginning of the 2014 season, Inferno immediately grabbed me. The show had a coherent theme and signposts, with gorgeous music. I have no doubt the current show will fix and polish, and they will excel in areas., but I'm not sure 2014 is a valid comparison.

Inferno was 2015 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

Inferno was 2015 

Oh my. :crazy: That's embarrassing!  The mind is a terrible thing to waste, lol. OK, yes, that makes way more sense! "Out of this World" did start a little slow, but by Atlanta I *loved* that show. 

3 minutes ago, lanceengland said:

Oh my. :crazy: That's embarrassing!  The mind is a terrible thing to waste, lol. OK, yes, that makes way more sense! "Out of this World" did start a little slow, but by Atlanta I *loved* that show. 

In 2014 from the start until SW,  CC placed 1st 4 times, 2nd 7 times, and 3rd or worse 4 times.  SW they were 5th, SE they were 4th, Prelims  5th; Semis 5th; and Finals 5th.

In 2015 from the start until SW,  CC placed 1st 0 times, 2nd 5 times, and 3rd or worse 8 times.  SW they were 5th, SE they were 3th, Prelims  1st; Semis 1st; and Finals 2nd.

2015 is the year that all good CC backers look to to suggest that CC is known for cleaning and layering better than anyone else.  No other year in the past 10 gives that indication.

But 2018 might be that year, supporters can only only hope.

• Like 1

the teeth do nothing for me, and the current ending is a letdown, and I'm sure they have that in the works to be replaced

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

In 2014 from the start until SW,  CC placed 1st 4 times, 2nd 7 times, and 3rd or worse 4 times.  SW they were 5th, SE they were 4th, Prelims  5th; Semis 5th; and Finals 5th.

In 2015 from the start until SW,  CC placed 1st 0 times, 2nd 5 times, and 3rd or worse 8 times.  SW they were 5th, SE they were 3th, Prelims  1st; Semis 1st; and Finals 2nd.

2015 is the year that all good CC backers look to to suggest that CC is known for cleaning and layering better than anyone else.  No other year in the past 10 gives that indication.

But 2018 might be that year, supporters can only only hope.

Not to mention that Crown was outcleaned/layered by BD that 2015 season

Edited by Cappybara

Just now, Cappybara said:

Not to mention that Crown was outcleaned/layered by BD that season

While I agree, don't tell that to the CC illuminati. 

• Haha 2

I have to say, this show doesn’t flow very well from piece to piece (take the closer and the piece before it, for example). The opener seems to be three disparate pieces, tied together by some percussion breaks that don’t really go anywhere. Not sure if we’ll see any musical additions/rewrites to fill in that dead space. 

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

They were 3rd at SW and 1st at SE in 2015. Their lowest placement in 2015 was a tie for 4th (with Vanguard) on 7/13 at the Tour of Champions show in Warrensburg, MO.

29 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

I have to say, this show doesn’t flow very well from piece to piece (take the closer and the piece before it, for example). The opener seems to be three disparate pieces, tied together by some percussion breaks that don’t really go anywhere. Not sure if we’ll see any musical additions/rewrites to fill in that dead space. 

Yeah, after seeing them last night, I honestly think 6th at finals is a real possibility. To me, this show doesn't make a lot of sense, from the choice of costumes to the props to the music - I just don't get it. I'm the biggest Crown homer, or was 2008-2017, but I think this show is full of problems, and it's just not that compelling. At the start of the season I thought Beast was going to be like another Inferno - meh until mid-season then WOW! I'm not getting that. I think BAC may pass them for good shortly.

• Like 4