Carolina Crown 2018

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

While I don’t necessarily supporting coming to a corps thread to trash the corps, I gotta butt in and say, practice what you preach. 

What I said wasn't negative, and what I'm preaching is not to be negative. So, I am practicing it aren't I? Hmmm...

Edited by Incognito365

Just now, Incognito365 said:

What I said wasn't negativ, and what I'm preaching is not to be negative. So, I am practicing it aren't I? Hmmm...

Read what I quoted again but this time imagine queenanne saying it instead of you

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Read what I quoted again but this time imagine queenanne saying it instead of you

I don't want to fight with anyone. He's entitled to his/hers, I'm entitled to mine. The ignore button has been such a good friend to me since I've been here. More people need to use it and I need to use it more.

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

Dude, if all you're going do is put them down, then go to a thread of a corps that's beating them. You've been negative about this corps since the season began. We get it, you don't like the show. You think there's "nothing Beast" about it (though the correct way to put it would 've been 'nothing Beastly'). You "used to be a Crown homer, but this show has made you feel otherwise", or whatever it is you said. Okay. Move on then. Lol. Jesus Christ.

Most of this is just band wagon fandom so just ignore it.  People have a primal need to feel part of the herd;  they support the hot hand / darling corps until some other corps becomes the darling (see Bluecoats and now Boston).  I alway chuckle when I read "Crown is one of my favorite corps" followed by "but they are terrible and need to fire their entire design team". 

Of course many are going to jump this comment and deny deny deny.   Ignore them;  deep down they know it's true.  

(Crawling back under my rock . Be back after all the faux outrage has quieted down) 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, karuna said:

Most of this is just band wagon fandom so just ignore it.  People have a primal need to feel part of the herd;  they support the hot hand / darling corps until some other corps becomes the darling (see Bluecoats and now Boston).  I alway chuckle when I read "Crown is one of my favorite corps" followed by "but they are terrible and need to fire their entire design team". 

Of course many are going to jump this comment and deny deny deny.   Ignore them;  deep down they know it's true.  

(Crawling back under my rock . Be back after all the faux outrage has quieted down) 

Crown IS one of my favorite corps, but I never said fire their whole design team. Unless you're BD you're not going to be nearly perfect every year. I comment on threads of corps I like, which is most of them these days. Vanguard is #1. 8th place or 1st, they will always be my #1.

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

tumblr_oatrkqrbIT1rpzv9jo1_500.gif

Exactly. I have no hard feelings. We're all here because we share a common passion, and I only comment on the boards of corps I like the most. 

• Like 1

Is this the Crown forum or the Madison one!? Not used to crown fans fighting with each other and ripping the show apart this much

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Most of the criticism I've read seems to be meant as constructive. I must have missed the calls to fire design teams. CC has a killer brass and maybe the strongest drum line they've ever had. I think fans hate to see talent not maximized by sub-optimal design choices.

Personally, I'll stop thinking about scores and placement and just enjoy it for what it is.