Carolina Crown 2018

13 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Girls club (small ensemble in "If I Fall") will be in dresses. Some uniform modifications (maybe the wings disappear?). New ending to If I Fall. Additional guard development in If I Fall.  Several visual adjustments for GE.... more use of the totter. Some improved impacts in mvt. 2. And look for the ending to be clean and powerful since they worked on the tuning of each chord for the end.  But I am just guessing. :wink:

Especially interested in the bolded above, seems to address the points I brought up earlier 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm just wondering if they'll eventually bring all of the pieces of the ribcage together to form some form of a beast at the end. They all look to be different sizes and would go great together. Idea Crown design team?

Also, here's what the design team said in a video about what the show is about (per a certain Crownie on Reddit).

Beast Awakens - hello world
Primordial Beast - violent aggressive dark
Taming of the Beast - let's get it on
King of the Beasts - combat, territoriality
Alpha Beast - the beast is the corps!  

Thought out musical selections, per it musical design standpoint it makes sense - Beast Awakes (love the impact of the brass/percussion ) - oh #### moments! Primordial Beast --  aggressive! Taming of the Beast (featuring the female brass players) small ensemble - genius! King of the Beast - aggressive! Alpha Beast - putting everything together - running on all cylinders! - this is where they need to move those skeletal props = so we can see that they are the beast. Story line would be easier to read and understand. This is one beast of a show, just clean the #### out of it. 

5 minutes ago, Box5Opinion said:

Thought out musical selections, per it musical design standpoint it makes sense - Beast Awakes (love the impact of the brass/percussion ) - oh #### moments! Primordial Beast --  aggressive! Taming of the Beast (featuring the female brass players) small ensemble - genius! King of the Beast - aggressive! Alpha Beast - putting everything together - running on all cylinders! - this is where they need to move those skeletal props = so we can see that they are the beast. Story line would be easier to read and understand. This is one beast of a show, just clean the #### out of it. 

The Corps is the beast. Mvt. 2 features many faces of the beast (thus all the various featured sections).

• Like 1

They really need to tie the back half of the show (after the ballad) together musically, somehow. Right now it’s percussion, a short piece, percussion, a park and blow, percussion, and a short closer. There’s no cohesion at all and it shows. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

They really need to tie the back half of the show (after the ballad) together musically, somehow. Right now it’s percussion, a short piece, percussion, a park and blow, percussion, and a short closer. There’s no cohesion at all and it shows. 

Have you listened to the recent video on Flo with Hannum, Klesch and Subel? It is an interesting discussion about some of the choices they are intentionally making. 

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

i agree

same issue as last year overall

some cool ideas, but something missing with tying them altogether

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StarVoyager said:

Well heh, I'm NOT complaining about it.  I really like this show.  I don't believe that all the connective tissues/ligaments are in place yet, but I'm pretty sure they WILL be by August.  They started out TERRIBLY dirty in the beginning, but I've been watching/listening to this show from Orlando for the last 2 hours and my feeling is that this show is beginning to come together and will be a crowd favorite by Finals week.  :thumbup:

Of course the tissue and ligaments aren't in place, because there's NONE on the bones :laughing:

On a more serious note, there was a video on Flo that confirmed that the props are "teeth and claws" (cut to 1:05)

Edited by ccklinefelter
  • Haha 1

Originally the ribs and teeth were supposed to be assembled at the end of the show to spell "Beast", but Boston came out and spelled "Lost" with trees from their PVC forest, so kind of awkward now...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ccklinefelter said:

Of course the tissue and ligaments aren't in place, because there's NONE on the bones :laughing:

On a more serious note, there was a video on Flo that confirmed that the props are "teeth and claws" (cut to 1:05)

Which ones are the teeth and which ones are the claws?  They sort of look identical to me.  What am I missing?  Or are they teetlaws?

• Haha 1