Carolina Crown 2018

1 minute ago, wigwam said:

I see what you did there... LOL

Thank you, thank you very much.

I’ll be here the rest of the week...

• Haha 1

I wonder what Crowns' score would have been if they had performed at Buffalo along with Bloo and BD.  Because they dipped back below 94 tonight. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msumello said:

I wonder what Crowns' score would have been if they had performed at Buffalo along with Bloo and BD.  Because they dipped back below 94 tonight. 

We’ll likely be able to make a fairly educated guess from what emerges over the three days at LOS.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, karuna said:

None of which answers the “miss” question. Of course the answer is obvious—no one would consider a 3rd place medal a “miss”. 

You sure about that?

Consider, for one example off the top of my head, Cadets 2014.

Alternatively (if you want a throwback), Star '92. (WHY DIDN'T YOU USE "AMERICAN SALUTE" WITH THOSE MELLOS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

You sure about that?

Consider, for one example off the top of my head, Cadets 2014.

Alternatively (if you want a throwback), Star '92. (WHY DIDN'T YOU USE "AMERICAN SALUTE" WITH THOSE MELLOS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Crown 2014. Over designed, under utilized, great music, great corps. 5th place.

• Like 1

It's the last rehearsal day of the year for the BEAST! Finish strong CROWN!

• Like 2

Why did some of the design team left Crown for Boston after 2016? They don't get paid for it... right? It's just odd that they would leave them after such a successful season. The took the visual, brass, and colorguard caption awards, as well as the bronze medal. Looking at how Boston is doing so much better now, I wonder if the team had stayed they could have won another title instead of third. ...at least that's my thought on the matter. I hope/bet the design team will use a different approach for next years show.  

18 minutes ago, msumello said:

Why did some of the design team left Crown for Boston after 2016? They don't get paid for it... right? It's just odd that they would leave them after such a successful season. The took the visual, brass, and colorguard caption awards, as well as the bronze medal. Looking at how Boston is doing so much better now, I wonder if the team had stayed they could have won another title instead of third. ...at least that's my thought on the matter. I hope/bet the design team will use a different approach for next years show.  

In the last three years, Relentless was the best of the three [IMO]. And that came on the heels of a 5th place finish the previous season. I recall Rondinaro commenting that it was one of the best 3rd place shows he'd ever seen. 

Keep in mind that was Bloo's Downside Up year. Can't off the top of my head recall what BD silvered with.

But re your query, I too, was curious as to the visual staff exodus as well.

Inferno in '15 was pretty much defeat, snatched from the jaws of victory, so CC was still in stretch of bring uber competitive.